Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

2.5

by jeff gudelski on Jan 21st, 2015

I saw dr. odowd in ct, he lied and said I was not in a car accident and couldn't help me. year 2003 February, I am still suffering today because of him and dr. Charles masserman. at the time he worked with dr. ballon at 40 hart st,newbritain ct, I still have the cancled check for a $20 copay.

review for dr. o,dowd show details review for dr. o,dowd
by dennis keller on Feb 20th, 2014

one of the best doctors in his field

My Choice all the Way show details My Choice all the Way
May 15th, 2012

When I began having problems with my knees, I was referred to Dr. O'Dowd by my primary. My first impression was that he wasn't caring enough and that maybe he was not the orthopedic surgeon for me. Rather than walk away, I stayed with Dr. O'Dowd. Over a period of nine years or so, I have had both my left and right knee replaced. Dr. O'Dowd performed each surgery. There were no complications with any part of the procedure and or follow-ups throughout the years. He is the best! I put all my faith in Dr. O'Dowd.

Aug 30th, 2011

DR, O'DOWD IS ONE IN A MILLION. SPENDS TIME WITH YOU AND LISTENS TO ALL YOUR ALIMENTS. I HAD BROKEN HIP AND SHOULER PROBLEMS AND HE HAS HEPLED ME WITH ALL MY PAIN. HE.S EASY T TALK WITH AND GETS RIGHT DOWN TO THE PROBLEM, I TRUST HIS JUDGEMENT COMPLETELY. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A ORTHOPEDIC , DR. O'DOWD IS THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!!THE STAFF IS VERY PLEASANT AND HELPFUL.HE,S JUST A WONDERFUL CARING DOCTOR.

Snobbish Jerk show details Snobbish Jerk
by myshkin on Jul 22nd, 2010

This guy is something else. His first comment to me was to point out that my shoes were quite old and didn't look that presentable. He then told me the intense pain I had been experiencing was JUST pain, and handed me a prescription for Celebrex (this was about 3 weeks before the bombshell concerning Celebrex's link with heart attacks came out). I never filled the prescription, and solved the problem through physical therapy.Lazy, arrogant, and far from competent. If that is what you are looking for, he's your guy.

Good accomplishments but overconfident show details Good accomplishments but overconfident
Jan 31st, 2010

He has a good background, very well educated; however, when it comes to being a doctor.. i would wait around 40 minutes to be seen by him and he would only take about 5-10 minutes to see me. He would make diagnostics without actually touching or checking the area in pain. I wouldn't recommend him.