Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Karen Peiffer show details Karen Peiffer
Jun 22nd, 2011

Very thorough, doesn't rush, is kind, empathetic, respectful, and takes good care of me.

Dr. Review/Iowa City show details Dr. Review/Iowa City
Feb 19th, 2011

I recently saw Dr. O'Dorisio and he was wonderful. He talked to me and my husband about my problem and explained throughly his recommendations for my situation. He has a wonderful bedside manner and he instantly made us feel like we were old friends. He even gave me his private cell# to call anytime I had questions. I have never had a Dr. do that. I think he is one in a million. I have every confidence in his abilities. I would highly recommend him. YOu can't go wrong with him as your Dr.

Dr. Thomas O'Dorisio show details Dr. Thomas O'Dorisio
by Noel Johnson on Sep 23rd, 2009

Dr. O'Dorisio makes himself available to his patience and often shares his private cell phone number when appropriate. He is very thorough in explaining carcinoid syndrome and pin points a means to make a patient more comfortable. He has a way of making a patient comfortable enough that it's possible to share every concern and side affect from carcinoid syndrome.

He is an excellent NET specialist, and, specializes in Internal Med, which makes for an ideal medical combination. show details He is an excellent NET specialist, and, specializes in Internal Med, which makes for an ideal medical combination.
Jan 23rd, 2009

I've come to know Doctor Thomas O'Dorisio (Doc O'Do :-)since first being diagnosed with the Malignant Carcinoid Sydnrome, which presents with some Carcinoid Cancer patients. I have come to know about him as a specialist in Carcinoid Tumors in particular, in the NET family of cancers, and I find his treatment approach to be very appropriate since Carcinoids are Neuroendocrine tumors, and he specializes as and Endocrinologist, with a specialty also in Internal Medicine, which is the perfect combination for a pt. seeking tx. for this disease, as any pt. w/the Carcinoid Syndrome (CS), are well aware that the internal implications that result from having the CS, includes the GI tract (M2A), and the other bodily functions which comprise our internal organs...and also relate to having CS.If you need a caring, intelligent medical provider - look him up! :-)Sincerely,J. O'S.