Dr. Thomas Olencki DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 7th, 2016
spouse of a patient

May 19th, 2016
Smart, caring, very approachable man. I feel very involved in my own treatment decisions. Couldn't ask for more.

February 19th, 2015
Excellent Doctor

October 17th, 2013
worst doctor in the world
If you want your loved one to survive, do not go to this doctor. He is worthless. He doesn't tell you the truth and he hides things. He didn't help at all. There was so much mis communication. He should have handled things a lot better. He should have taken charge of the situation. Then maybe my sister would still be alive

July 20th, 2013
Wife of Patient
My husband started seeing Dr. Olencki in 2000 when he was at the Cleveland Clinic. My husband was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Melanoma. We were both scared to death. Dr. Olencki was staight forward and explained things in a way that our over stressed, emotional minds could comprehend at that time. Neither my husband nor I cared for his bedside manner, but we did our research and he was highly recommended...one of the best for Melanoma. During the year my husband was under Dr. Olencki's care, Dr. Olencki insisted on the highest dose treatment available....even when my husband was having SEVERE side effects. Maybe "insisted" isn't a fair word.....lets just say he was very strong willed and persistent that my husband remained on this does. Friends we had met along the way, also with the diagnosis of melanoma, that were seeing other Docs had their treatment dosages reduced and were doing much better than my husband, who could no longer even walk up the stairs because of the side effects of the treatment. Over the next few years the friends he had shared this disease with had all passed away, but 13 years later, my husband remains NED, No Evidence of Disease! If Dr. Olencki had not been so persistent that my husband remained on the highest dose possible, my husband may not be here today. He is a very intelligent physician, who puts the future of his patients above everything else. When Dr. Olencki left the Cleveland Clinic, we had to find a new oncologist, and although we were satisified with the new physician, we know that if we had started with someone else, that had a softer side and allowed my husband to cut back on the treatments, he may not be here. So, thank you Dr. Olencki!

March 23rd, 2013
Determind to bet cancer
His concern for yr health. His staff as to how they attend your problems and situation. If you have a problem he will call to explain and have you come in. He takes his time with each person to make sure they Are clear in his assement.

October 29th, 2012
Dr O is a WONDERFUL doctor. Very knowledgeable, but humble enough to consult colleagues across the country for assistance and outside opinion when necessary. He has been invaluable to my family (my 23 year old daughter is the patient) with his 20+ years kidney cancer experience. We feel extremely blessed to have him working on us!

May 3rd, 2012
waited 2 hr.s in wxam room,
will find anither dr, in the future.