Dr. Thomas Ortiz MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Newark, NJ

3.2

April 2nd, 2017
Recently Attended by Dr.Ortiz
I was just in Dr. Ortiz's office with my elderly mom this week. I was curious to see his rating on the internet. I love to read reviews. I noticed that there are no recent comments on this site, so I want to write one. While most of the previous comments a very dated I am happy to say I, in my 59 year have never meet a doctor so compassionate and knowledgeable. He listened to my mom, who only speaks Spanish, intently. He examined her with care hands, but most importantly he explained both to me and her, in a way that we both understood the problem and the treatment plan. We both talked about it afterwards on how we appreciated his words of advice. We feel blessed and mom is doing so much better as she now is taking her medications more seriously.

April 20th, 2015
Mistake my file
Staff mix my file with another patient file.

June 23rd, 2014
GREAT!!!!
The waiting was great. I guess I came in at the right time and the staff was awesome. Overall, I will come again.

November 5th, 2013
Great Health Care
I have been a patient of Dr. Ortiz and his highly qualified associates for a long time. Dr. Ortiz has been there for me and my family through some tough times with my Dad and my wife. I wish he was more available, but I know he has a great team that he has trained to provide for his patients. With the health care system in chaos its good to know that FHFHA is open and available when the need arises. He has also taught me alot about how I need to care for myself and how to prevent illness and complication s from my diabetes. My A1c is 6.8, whats yours?

March 26th, 2013
The Dr.s may be successful, but the front desk staff are very unprofessional, perhaps, Mr. Ortiz should hire people that will take their jobs seriously. Very nasty, hang up on patients when they call and are bringing your practice down..... shame, shame, shame. I know, I am ohe of them.

September 5th, 2012
Don't select Dr.Ortiz as your primary care physician!!
This is the worst place anyone can go!!! If you're looking for a doctor who actually cares DO NOT go here! If your plan has assigned Dr.Ortiz to you, know that you will NEVER see him... but will be assigned any other doctor available on staff, which changes constantly. For your own health, go somewhere else. Not the most friendly staff... and you don't have a permanent doctor at the Mr. Prospect facility.

July 18th, 2012
My doctor is Dr. Christine and she is excellent. She takes her time with you unlike other doctors that rush just to go to the next patient

September 14th, 2011
Caring Community Family Physician
i don't know who these other two people are taking about but they must have some ax to grind. Dr. Ortiz and his Forest Hill Family Care center is a blessing to this community and his patients. I know he has saved and maintained many lives over the years. The health care system is a mess but I can count on dr. Ortiz and his doctors to be there we I need them. I have seen other doctors but I always come back to Forest Hill Family because they are like family. I know Dr. Ortiz is working the system in the best interest of his patients.

September 9th, 2011
Exceptional Doctor
Wait time is normally a bit long, but worth it. My family and I have been seen by Dr. Ortiz for over 10 years now and I couldn't trust any other doctor more. Exceptional accuracy, care, and follow-up!

November 1st, 2010
Well Done
Very friendly, highly educated, and helped me understand exactly what was wrong with me and how to treat it accordingly. Service was exceptional, although wait time was a bit long- I'm guessing because Dr. Ortiz spends adequate time and considerations for each and every patient. I would recommend this physician to family and friends.

September 17th, 2009
Satified patient
Dr.Ortiz and his staff are dedicated to a community who appreciates what they do. The quality of people and care at his office have been very consistent for the past 20 yrs that I have been seeing him. He does a lot for this community from his heart and makes no money doing it. Hes the only family doc that stayed with us in the city when everyone else was leaving. Thank God for Dr. Ortiz, he"s been keeping me healthy for 20 yrs.

August 3rd, 2009
Horrible
Dr. Ortiz staff (Doctors that work with/for him) are horrible. They are the worst. They keep you waiting. They hurry you of the office. The diagnosis accuracy are horrible. And to top it off Dr. get aggervated with patients. How is that for a facility and dr.s