Dr. Thomas Oven MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Binghamton, NY

3.4

September 30th, 2015
An outstanding and very knowledgable doctor.
I have been seeing Dr. Oven for over 20 years for treatment of Chronic Arthritis. In my view, he is terrific. He is thoughtful, takes time to talk about how you're doing, proposes options and is frank and honest about the downsides --as well as the positives-- of each. He is scheduled far ahead primarily because he is so good and there is often a wait for an appointment in his office for the same reason. I have had nothing but positive interactions with his front office staff, who do their best to be thoughtful and considerate.

May 12th, 2015
RN
I have been seeing Dr. Oven for many years for Lupus. He makes a very difficult illness manageable with his kindness and compassion. I love his staff especially Liz and all of the front office girls. I agree that it is difficult to get an appointment but the reason is because he is THAT GOOD.

March 25th, 2013
my experience
I have only seen Dr Oven 2xs ..love his associate Liz.Dr Oven has been caring for me for about a year now he is doing this service for no charge, since I have no insurance. I have had some difficulties with the meds and have discussed with Liz about certain diets or foods that may be triggering pain. which I had read about! she has given me positive feed back. ,by.following the exercises and eliminating glutens and night shade vegetables I feel this has been helpful . On 2 occasions I was given cortisone shots to help with infflimation that was causing me excessive pain. I feel he has very nice staff who are caring, and he is doing me a wonderful service . Thank you DR Oven

October 22nd, 2012
Okay but not my kind of Dr
He seems nice and all,but I was not happy with the fact that Once I was diagnosed, all he wanted to do is give me drugs. When I declined and said I would rather try natural meds first, before jumping into these drugs with major side effects. He basically told me there was nothing else he could do for me and said I need not to make another appointment until i really needed him.So I now have take my health somewhere else and doing much better with out his drugs!!!!!!!

April 10th, 2010
Dr Oven is ok... when you get to see him. Usually you get a P.A. "Physicians Assistant" who are not doctors. Also, his front office personnel are poorly trained with a lot of turnover which has caused much aggravation and ineptitude. I think most people would prefer to go to a doctor/facility that had more time for the patient and appeared less like a poorly run people mill business.