Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Fitzgerald?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 18th, 2016

I had a nightmare-like experience with this man in 2015. He botched a routine appendectomy, which led to a hematoma and a second hospital stay. But just as disturbing was his arrogance and dismissive attitude AFTER his failed procedure that made things even worse. The fact I did not pursue legal action says more about me than him. Stay away at all costs.

April 30th, 2015

Acted on surgery followup appointement as if he had never seen me before. Condescending, too.

June 8th, 2014

Not at all caring

Had a swollen lymph node removed expecting the pathology to show something minor. At the follow-up visit, first words out of his mouth were, "You have cancer". I was shocked. This was so unexpected. Then the nurse came in to tell him he had a phone call. He dashed out of the room and left me on the examining table half undressed for at least 5 minutes, all alone, distressed about what I had just heard. When he came back, he said it was one of the "good " cancers and could be cured. That was it. I was dumbfounded. He was completely uncaring and cold.

August 31st, 2012

multiple infections that he didn't catch

I was in health care as a respiratory therapistback in the 80s at Mt. Sinai on South Miami Beach. If there was three infections in one room -- there wouldbe a huge investigation. Perhaps if that would have happened in our case, we could have put this away. But I'm not hearing that at all. It sounds like all you (and I don't mean just you but the facility) have done is lowered your standard of care. On a more positive note for me and my husband, (who taught in a medical school for most of his career and isnow at the CDC,) is that your summary letter is in direct conflict with the facts that Dr. Fitzgerald charted in hisoffice files.

April 27th, 2012

The worst experience in a Hospital

Dr. Fitzgerald was more interested in being a hero to his nurses than considering his patient. I found this out when I had to have an emergency operation He is careless and I got a terrible infection. He left an area in my incision without a staple, therefore, the portal to an infection which lasted about three months plus. He is the only one who thinks he is great.I asked for Dr. Novak or Dr. Yunis and was told by the hospital staff that Fitsgerald was the only one on. How unfortunate for me. I am left with a scaron my stomach and no feeling around the scar Dr. Fitzgerald must have severed some nerves. I have more to say but no room.

December 5th, 2011

Needs BETTER communication skills

Thiswont even introduce himself or shake hands (which I was not impressed with). Ability to try to understand what the patient is trying to get through is severly lacking. Maybe he is a good Surgeon but needs help in people skill and mannerism

August 29th, 2010