Family Physicians, Internist
2821 E President George Bush Hwy
Ste 100
Richardson, TX 75082
214-575-3422
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Deadpan Doctor  |  show details
by Punchinello on Aug 24th, 2013

A disenchanting, uninvolved, utterly off-putting physician who makes the patient feel like he's somehow insane for feeling ill.

|  show details
by Robert J. on Jul 10th, 2013

I am very pleased with Doctor Winkler and his staff.

|  show details
by A Concerned Patient on Jul 2nd, 2013

Not sure how he got a medical degree, but Winkler is easily one of the worst doctors I've ever been to. I waited 20 minutes and he spent maybe 5 with me and sent me off with some drugs. Not at all compassionate, makes you feel like you're just the next in a line of patients. In a hurry to get you out of there and on to the next one. I would not recommend him to a sick cat, let alone a human being. I'm surprised he hasn't lost his license to practice medicine.

|  DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Winkler is the worst doctor I've ever gone to. He is not willing to take care of the simplest procedures and then always refers you to another doctor. He scheduled me to have a procedure and then at the last minute he decided not to do it when I was already in the office. He doesn't listen and has no compassion. If you are looking for a new doctor, this IS NOT the one for you.

|  Compassionate and Thorough Doctor  |  show details
by Karmen T. on Mar 18th, 2013

I began using Dr. Winkler for my entire family's care after my third child was born in January of 2011. I have seen his bedside manner with my children and with me and have been extremely impressed with both. His nurses are exceptional, which is very important to me when it comes to my children who have to have shots regularly. I find Dr. Winkler to be extremely compassionate with me, and I don't mind waiting to see him when it occurs (which is pretty rare) because he always spends extra time with me and my kids if the situation requires it. Without a doubt, I would recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Horrible place, in my opinion and experience.  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

I actually didn't have any concerns with Winkler personally, other than he seemed kind of in a rush to get done with us, but I had a serious issue with the whole front office and how the place is run. I went to get some immunizations for my kids to start school. Winkler's nurse told me we needed X shots - but X wasn't accurate. We get there to enroll him, and I got 50 people in line behind me, and the school tells me he didn't have a chicken pox shot! How in the world did the nurse miss something like that?? Unacceptable.So, I tried CALLING the office... VOICEMAIL! During business hours, around 11am - AND NO ONE WAS THERE TO ANSWER THIS VERY URGENT PHONE CALL.Unaccpetable!We're switching.VERY dissatisfied.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2012

I LOVE Dr. Winkler, I have been going to him since I was 12 years old and now I'm 30. I'm not sure what the other low rates are for because he is the most caring doctor I have ever had! He is one of the best doctors and the only doctor that I feel comfortable with. I have three small children that I take to him and wouldn't trust anyone else with my children's health. Not only is he a good doctor the two nurses that he currently has are friendly and caring as well. I recommend him to anyone!!

|  Complete idiot.  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2011

I wouldn't trust this guy to diagnose an ingrown toenail. A complete crackpot. After my first visit I left with the impression he should be reported and possibly arrested for his careless misunderstanding and gross negligence of prescriptions. He his older and set in his ways and does not care nor listen to what the patient is saying. Instead he will give you a handfull of sucker pills but preach about others. He needs to go back to school to take a refresher course. He is completely out of touch. All his patients will be in my prayers. He is one of a growing number or irresponible doctors with a criminal lack of knowledge and ignorance to medications. For those that want to critize my review go ahead. I one hundred percent have seen this doctor once, paid my copay, and my insurance was filed. This is my personal opinion based on my experience. My views are honest and from the heart and truthfull. In the DFW area there are tens of thousands of MDs. The choice is yours.

|  Dr winkler is excellent  |  show details
May 19th, 2010

A really great doc- responsive, knowledgeable, professional.

|  MY Doctor and I have referred over 20 of my family and friends!  |  show details
by Kelly Wood on Oct 3rd, 2009

Dr Winkler diagnosed a heart attack in my best friend who was 32 and complaining of back spasms... Many other Dr's would have given him a muscle relaxer and sent him on his way. He also diagnosed my uncle's brain tumor when we all thought it was old age or Alzheimer's. Despite what one person said, he has EXCELLENT bedside manor and is extremely compassionate. For the past several years, I have had 2-3 kidney stones per year... If the need to see Dr. Winkler arises, he is ALWAYS compassionate and caring!My kids (two small children) love him even though they have had their shots when they see him. I have referred over 20 of my friends and family to him, and I will NOT change doctors for any reason!In my opinion, Dr. Winkler is what Doctors were originally meant to be like.

|  Not a people doctor  |  show details
by Julie on Mar 31st, 2009

Rude, abrupt and not the least bit compassionate. Very good and thorough at diagnosing and treating issues, but doesn't have a clue about bedside manner.