A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Patterson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Patterson is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Patterson
Shingles Patient Education Patient education guide to shingles or herpes zoster, more commonly known as chickenpox which is a painful rash condition.Before Visiting Dr. Patterson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Patterson, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Mycoses (Fungi)
- Opportunistic Infections
- Pregnancy Complications
- Throat Disorders (Pharyngeal Diseases)
- Thrush (Oral Candidasis)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Patterson graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Patterson has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Patterson MD is a male Infectious Disease Specialist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Infectious Disease.
- Where does Dr. Thomas Patterson practice?
- Dr. Thomas Patterson has 3 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Patterson practices Infectious Disease near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Infectious Disease Doctors.