Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

South Baton Rouge
Ochsner Health Center -Baton Rouge
9001 Summa Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
225-761-5200
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Dec 1st, 2010

Clinic staff was excellent. Dr. Payne - not so much. After moving to BR in my 36th week of pregnancy I was "given" Dr. Payne as my OB when I went to the hospital for a blood pressure check. Dr. Payne was visibly offended when I refused a physical exam. It wasn't really necessary. He scheduled an ultrasound for me later in the week and when I arrived and waited in the ultrasound room, he told me that he didn't have time that day and "other patients" needed him more. I left in tears. I came in for a scheduled induction at 41 weeks and he broke my water and went to surgery. My son was born 10 minutes later and caught by the midwife. Dr. Payne has a terrible bedside manner and a smart alek sense of humor. When meeting my husband for the first time he said "I'm sure you've heard nothing but good things about me!" I skipped my 6 week postpartum checkup because I couldn't bear to be in the same room with him. I would not recommend him to anyone. Oschner midwives are a million times better.

|  Dr. Payne is stellar.  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2010

3.I have interviewed, reviewed, researched, and selected many physicians in my life. I have fired well over half of them. Perhaps I am a snob or even elitist. Or perhaps I simply dare to demand perfection or as close to it as possible. Either way, I must say that I have been exceedingly impressed with Dr. Thomas N. Payne. He is one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable, personable, and trustworthy physicians I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He not only looks me in the eye and listens when I am bumbling through my very non-medical descriptions of my problems, he actually *remembers* what I say (whether I want him to or not, ha!). Dr. Payne is a shark when it comes to solving the body's riddles, while at the same time he is an attentive therapist when taking in all of the information you share with him. Think "Columbo" meets "Dr. Phil". (smiles) Dr. Payne is frank, candid, polite, and unbiased. He is also very clean. As a microbiologist and professor at a local university, this is very important to me. It is also important that I can trust my doctor to not pretend to have all the answers and to be able to admit when he does not know. In addition, the nurses and staff at both of his office locations (Bluebonnet and O'Neal) reflect his competence, professionalism, thoroughness, and follow-up. I have highly recommended him to my colleagues. Nurses and other professionals are often in his waiting room. *As patients of his.*Dr. Payne meets and exceeds all of picky criteria. I have immense respect for Dr. Payne and anticipate sticking with him for the next several decades.