Dr. Thomas Pickron Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Pickron Jr?

Posted on May 26th, 2017

Please read ALL patient reviews ( especially the ones from his practice in Houston, Texas) before going to Dr. Pickron. I saw him for a surgical consultation to go over CT and ultrasound results. He recommended surgery and did an exam that caused excruciating pain without explaining the procedure at all before hand. I would rather have died than had him do surgery on me. I figured if he was so careless with an office exam how could I trust him with my life? Please do your research before trusting him.

Posted on September 9th, 2015

I WAS VERY AFRAID OF WHAT MY TURN OUT MAY BE, BUT HE REASSURED ME AS WELL AS PREPARED ME FOR ALL OPTIONS IF NECESSARY. BEST COLON/RESECTION DOCTOR ON EARTH

Posted on May 27th, 2015

Love him!!! Perfect bedside manner with his knowledge and superior skills in rectal/colon. I will truly miss you......

Superb medical care.

Posted on November 18th, 2014

Posted on October 7th, 2014

Dr. Pickron cares a lot about his patients. His bed side manners where perfect by far the Best Colon Doctor.

UNPROFESSIONAL - would not give a star at all but I have to put a star to submit

Posted on January 30th, 2014

Don't understand why this doctor does not let patients do a prep before an examination. Wouldn't it be fair to say that doing a prep before examination would increase the chances of a successful examination (ie scoping) ? Apparently this clinic does not agree. Bedside manners are very questionable. It is quite obvious that this doctor does not have empathy towards patients. He may be good at what he does but the personal touch is VERY lacking. Clinic staff is not reliable. They said they would give me a call back for surgery but they never did. I had to call back. Decided to go with another doctor who is nowhere like this one - great bedside manners, great sense of humor, made me feel very comfortable. I would NOT recommend this clinic at all, no matter what!!! I agree with the previous review, I felt more like a number and $ sign to them than anything else. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!

I am so glad I made the trips to Houston

Posted on May 23rd, 2013

I am most happy with Dr. Pickron and his staff. I had my first resection in College Station. Due to the fact there was little follow-up, that was the cause of my (new) problem. Dr. Pickron did my 2nd resection in 2012 but kept me coming back for one full year making adjustments that truly saved my life and kept me from having to wear ileostotomy bag for the rest of my life. I am most happy picked Dr. Pickron.

Patient

Posted on February 19th, 2013

My first visit to Dr. Pickron was for my ulcerative colotis. He was very professional with me and explained my condition in words that I could understand. After a few months from my initial visit my condition became worse. My Dr. in Beaumont, TX put me in the hospital. Due to loss of blood and other problems, I was transferred by ambulance to the Methodist Hospital in Houston. Upon arrival Dr. Pickron already had admitted me. He began running more tests and I was scheduled for surgery. He explained my options and let me choose which procedure I wanted. My surgery was very successful and my stay was very plesant. Afterwards he followed up with me and I still see him once a year. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

Incompetent/Rude Office Staff

Posted on August 16th, 2012

The office staff was the reason to search for another physician. They are rude, impersonal, and incompetent when it comes to making appointments. I had a follow-up appointment and their office claimed that I cancelled my appointment during a confirmation call. I never once received a call, but the office insist that I did. The medical assistant was not friendly and vague on the instructions prior to the doctor examination. After I removed all of my clothing from the waist down, as I was vaguely instructed, the medical assistant snickered and told me it was not necessary. Lastly, throughout my 30 minute visit, I was mostly seen by the resident. Dr Pickron saw me towards the last 5 minutes and briefly discussed my care plan. I do not recommend the physician and his associates that use the same office staff that manage their patient's appointments.

Posted on January 13th, 2012

Dr. Pickron did a surgery for me to repair an anal fissure which had already been surgerized by another doctor. It took a long time to heal even after the second surgery and after about 8 months we ended up doing an additional surgery. The fact that there were healing issues was very frustrating and upsetting for me, but he and his staff were very caring and attentive in helping me get through it.

Highly recommend

Posted on March 23rd, 2011

Great experience and result from colon surgery. Professional staff, caring bedside manners and I would let him work on my family without any hesitation.

AWESOME

Posted on January 6th, 2011

I loved Dr. Picron's bedside manner not to mention the incredible job he's done both times he's performed my surgery. I had no problems either time. Im Very confident in his work and would refer my friends and loved ones to him in a minute! GREAT DR.