Dr. Thomas Pinson, DO
Family Practitioner, General Practitioner, Geriatrician

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
go somewhere else. show details go somewhere else.
by anonymous on Feb 2nd, 2015

horrible staff, and they closed due to inclement weather and didnt even notify anyone.Drove all the way there at my scheduled appt time and they are closed.At least they couldve notified the patients. This has happened before and i called the next morning and because they closed due to cold temps and ofcourse didnt let anyone know they were closed, had to wait 2 weeks to get another appt meanwhile im out of my prescriptions.So unprofessional. They spend 5 min w u but bill your insurance for 25 min,sometimes longe,the wait time is insane like hours,Barb is rude,and Theres never a Dr there only PA s and they arent supposed to write these type if medications so they have the front desk call them in,Total joke and half illegal.

great bedside manner show details great bedside manner
by lulu57 on Jan 13th, 2015

The wait time was ok,could have been faster but once I got in the back and saw the doctor I was happy. He was very caring,didn't rush me out the door and listened to my complaints.He gave me a very thorough exam and did my blood and xrays all on the same day.The girls that did my blood were good too.I was very pleased and would reccommend his office.

Patient show details Patient
by Teresa on Jan 8th, 2015

Long wait time, but otherwise staff was professional. P A Jacquelyn was very professional when she introduced herself and shook my hand. Overall office was clean and not dirty like I had read. Very helpful. My experience there was good.

patient for over 15 years show details patient for over 15 years
by marie on Mar 4th, 2014

Dr. Pinson has been my doctor over 15 years,He is caring and very professional.It makes me mad when I see bad reviews of him cause I know it is from people who are unable to con him.His whole office staff is great. I will continue to see him and I send my friends and family there. He is the only one I can trust with my health.

waiting show details waiting
Sep 13th, 2012

some people complain about waiting or the receptionist additude, if i walked right in to any doctor i would wonder why, a good doctor has alot of patients and this is the case in city medical, its worth the wait to see a doctor you can trust and be honest with, id wait an hour or even two if thats what it took to be healthy these days, as far as the staff, ive been here for ten years or more and they have always been very nice and accomidating, come on people we live in metro detroit not california, id rather have to the point and honest before someone telling me whatever just to shut me up, and barb is the best hard working and a mother with a great additude towards her job,

Jun 27th, 2012

I have been a patient of DR. Pinson's for 10 years,,I have found him and the staff to be caring, helpful,,in treating me and my family,, who do have special needs,,, I have referred Dr. Pinson to others,,

Patient show details Patient
Mar 8th, 2012

Dr. Pinson has been my Doctor since he was a resident at Madison community hospital he is a good doctor but the people in his office are mean and un professional they will not help you. I only go because of him not his office. You can't talk to him on the phone and you cant get an appointment and when they changed their insurance program they didnt tell me and wouldnt help with the change. I think he needs to fire some people.

I can't believe this doctor has 2 practices. show details I can't believe this doctor has 2 practices.
Feb 22nd, 2012

Absolutely horrific office environment. Dirty. Ceiling tiles with stains. Furniture held together with tape. Office staff is beyond rude and unprofessional. The receptionist yells and carries on to co-workers, folks on the phone, etc. The medical equipment is old and dirty. Dirty old blankets are used as pillows on some of the equipment. The wait time was terrible. I didn't even see the doctor. I saw a PA who didn't bother to shake my hand when introducing himself. I texted my fiance to tell him what an unbelievable experience I was having. Straight out of a bad movie!

Sanctioned by the State of Michigan for negligence... show details Sanctioned by the State of Michigan for negligence...
Aug 30th, 2011

...regarding prescribing practices for MS Contin, Roxanol, and MSIR. See complint # 51-08-108240 available from the Michigan Department of Community Health.

should be nominated for best doctor of the year show details should be nominated for best doctor of the year
May 12th, 2011

He fixed my sinus problem.I was suffering for years.I just needed the right doctor.This was the place.A friend told me.I have told others.He is real down to earth and takes time to examine you.He does not rush you out.I feel that he really cares about his patients.

great doctor show details great doctor
May 5th, 2011

It took me one day to get an appointment.I am a regular patient now.I switched to Dr. Pinson cause he is very caring and knowledgable. I do not feel rushed. He listens to me.I think his staff is very good too. Good at taking my blood.

Not Good show details Not Good
May 2nd, 2011

Very unorganized office atmosphere.

to PINSON,C.J,ALL AT CITY MEDICAL show details to PINSON,C.J,ALL AT CITY MEDICAL
Feb 16th, 2011

THANK YOU HANGING IN THERE WITH MY ASS!GUYS U HAVE SAVED LIFE MY AND CONTINUE TO!I CANT THANK U ENOUGH!I WOULD DIE WITHOUT CITY MEDICAL OR PRISON,OR DEATH!U HAVE GOT ME ON RIGHT MEDS!!!!!!THANK YOU ALL///GOD BLESS U ALL!BARB U DESERVE A RAISE,LOL,U ARE A GREAT PERSON.AS A PATIENT FOR 11 OR13 YEARS,CANT BELIEVE IM ALIVE THANKS TO ALL AT CITY MED. THANK U JASON HAVEMAN

Nov 30th, 2010

DR. Pinson found every ailment I had and perscribed only the medication I needed at the time so who ever says i=he is a pill pusher is DEAD WRONG. He has been my doc for 3 years and I wouldn't go anywhere else.The people talking bad on here must be mad that he called them like he saw them...PILL POPPERS!lol but anyways you wait awhile because he has so many patients.That also tells you a good doc when you see that many patients.He is great and staff is also very good

worst doctor in worst office = worst experience show details worst doctor in worst office = worst experience
Aug 20th, 2010

This place is a joke and a racket. I waited for over two hours, while they shuffle you from room to room, and the doctor then decided it was lunch time. I never saw him again, instead unknowingly had an appointment w a PA. I needed refills on meds and my doc passed away, so the PA walks into the hallway bc she can't write my prescriptions and the doc signs for them, I hear him say, another pill popper ay...then signs them and never even introduces himself. The whole office is rude, talk about violating the hipo law, flagrant violations. Talking about you in front of you, in the hallway, cursing and profanity. Ive signed the same thing 10 times, been given more meds, wrong meds, and no meds. Then for another refill they make you come in and pay for an appointment. I have never been so turned off and wrote a letter to the amer.med. Association. I've gone back 2 times until I have another doc. And waited no less than an hour if not more...it's an all day affair. They bill you even if you have proper insurance and don't clean utensils, laugh at you and take your money...crooks. DO NOT GO HERE!

Patient Wife show details Patient Wife
May 13th, 2010

Dr. Pinson is nothing but a pill pusher. Does not have the patients best interest at heart. Prescribes drugs off label, prescribes meds without checking to see if they interact, provides addicts with what they want putting them in harms way. POOR EXCUSE FOR A DOCTOR.

The perfect place for me show details The perfect place for me
by Citysearch User on Dec 7th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I never have to wait long at my appointments here, which is something I`m not especially fond of. The girls here are always nice, easy going...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Dec 28th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Front desk is rude. Can not get a same day or most of the time a next day appointment. Never get to see the same doctor. Although Danielle is very very nice and spends time with you, she is the only one I like there, but never get to choose or see the sam

Read Full Review at yahoo.com