A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Ports:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Ports is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Ports, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type II
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ports graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ports has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas A Ports MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas A. Ports practice?
- Dr. Thomas Ports has 2 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Ports practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists and San Francisco Cardiologists.