A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Ports:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Ports is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Ports, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type II
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ports graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ports has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ports accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas A. Ports practice?
Dr. Thomas Ports practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Interventional Cardiology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists, San Francisco Cardiologists, and San Francisco Geriatric Doctors.