Thomas J Purtzer MD Patient Reviews

3.1

July 26th, 2016
Some bad apples have ruined the lives of people that really suffer and need medication.
It's awful what Iv'e read about Dr. Purtzer. He did a great job fixing a mess another doc did on my spine. But I have scoliosis and a deteriorating spine progressively worsening. The pain is unbearable and constant. I don't know how there is anything bad about a man that wants to help people be able to function with horrible acute chronic pain. I think most of us just want relief and to live as normal as we can. And it's awful that we that really suffer can't get proper care because there are some awful people lying and manipulating the docs trying to help people.

November 10th, 2015
Dr Purtzer
Exceptional Doctor and Person. Greatly helped me. Highly recommend Dr Purtzer

October 14th, 2015
I wouldn't let this man treat my dog!

January 4th, 2014
Unbelievably rude staff and doctor
Besides dealing with the incredibly rude staff (or I guess I should say Dr Purtzer's Wife and assistant so nothing will ever be done about her attitud ...

November 29th, 2013
Putzer is the best!
Before I found Dr. Purtzer, my pain was controlling every aspect of my life. I couldn’t get out of bed, couldn’t stand or walk for more than 5 minutes. I was overwhelmed with pain and could not think strait. I have been to almost every doctor and orthopedic surgeon in Oregon. I was searching for a human first, doctor second and only found one…Dr. Thomas Purtzer. I have been a patient of his almost 10 years now and with his treatment I have been able to turn my life around; pain no longer controls or inhibits me to do anything. Yes, I am still waiting for total knee replacement in both knees but I work fulltime, play with my kids and walk at least 30 miles a week. Without the guidance of Dr. Purtzer, I would still be in bed, unable to work or feel up to playing with my children at all. Dr. Purtzer is continually researching new ways to help control chronic pain. Yes he will prescribe pain medication however he is always finding alternatives to that solution. He cares for your whole body, mind and spirit. He understands the stereotyping that people like me are constantly battling just because we do take a pain medication. He knows that the daily fight to make it through a single day with pain can be both fulfilling and joyful if managed correctly. Each year I get a little better at reaching those daily “pain free” days, I am able to exercise more, eat healthier and stay calm because of the information Dr. Purtzer has passed along to me. I thank God every day for him.

November 15th, 2013
Overview for Dr. Purtzur's care for me.
I have been a patient of Dr.Purtzur's for over 4 years now. Over this time I have grown in many ways, emotionally and physically. My pain has been under control to where I am able to live a normal life again and I have since opened a successful business in the valley here and I owe a lot of it to the amount of work that the Dr. required me to do. I had to get in touch with who I really was and his Pain Management has been more about whole body health and knowledge of what is happening in your body than "Pushing Pills" and sending you away. He has been a constant help when I have been in need and I will continue to see him for as long as I can. Thank you for reading this and I would recommend Dr. Purtzur to anyone that needs to get their pain under control and want a better life. He has had many years experience and it is great to be able to have a Dr. that is so knowledgeable in many fields.

November 3rd, 2013
To Dr. Purtzer and his wife Regina:
When wife first came to see you her pain was unbearable. I watched her suffer to the point she wanted to end her life. You gave her medication at a very low dose that made her pain tolerable. As her illness progressed her medications changed. You adjusted her medication as her pain worsened and would readjust them when her pain lessened. Never did I believe you were just pushing pills. My wife and I both owe you gratitude for your healing knowledge. With out you and your wife in our lives I believe that my wife would not be here today. We see you as an angel of mercy. We thank you with all of our hearts for everything you do. I defiantly would see Dr. Purtzer again and have told friends what a wonderful doctor he is and they should see him.

October 24th, 2013
Great Doctor
I have been going to Dr. Purtzer for the last several years for pain management. He is a great doctor and very knowledgable. Dr. Purtzer has not only got me on the right meds, but has taught me the importance of a healthy life style. He has also helped me to quit smoking. Which I cannot thank him enough for. I just wanted to comment after reading a few other reviews on here, Dr. Purtzer is by no means a "pill pusher" Yes you will be thrown out and treated differently if your just looking for you next fix. You do have to go through extensive screening, but I believe that Dr.Purtzer and his staff do this to weed out the bad few that ruin things for the majority. All in all, I just want to say that this is a great small practice to go to if your serious about your pain.

October 17th, 2013
hurting
Dr Purtzer was the worst experience I have ever had. He got upset with me and knocked papers out of my hands and refused to see me and still charged me. The other reviews said he is a pill pusher, well, I would have loved something for my pain I broke my back and neck 4 months before and he wouldn't prescribe me anything! Horrible doctor.

October 16th, 2013
The office is pleasant, the staff are helpful. The doctor cares about his patients and listens. The doctor is very through and knowledgeable about pain.

October 15th, 2013
Dr. Purtzer saved my life!
I have suffered from addiction for many years. 10 months ago I went into a tailspin of pain while also being treated for Hepatitis C. I was taking up to 100 30-mg Percocet a day. I had a $3,000-dollar habit and went through $30,000 of my inheritance. I was also taking methadone, morphine, OxyContin, and Valium. When I went to see Dr. Purtzer he put me on Suboxone. I don't remember how long it took me to come out of my psychosis, but once I did Dr. Purtzer gave me a bunch of books to read educating me on my body and addiction. Dr. Purtzer has found the perfect medications for me. I can focus, not slur, I just bought a home, and I feel how I felt when I never took drugs. Dr. Purtzer gave me my life back! I am learning so much from him. He educates his patients and looks for alternate ways of treatment rather than just medications. He has helped make me feel the best I've ever felt! I don't crave drugs and I have become normal again.

August 1st, 2013
Crooked dr
This dr sucks no compassion all about the money. Has the bedside manor of a badger.