A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Carter, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon, Internist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carter
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Carter, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 1 awards.
Dr. Carter has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Osborn
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas R Carter MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas R. Carter practice?
- Dr. Thomas Carter has 2 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Carter practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Surgeons.