Thomas Cartwright MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 14th, 2013
Not For Me
It was easy to make an appointment and I was seen on time. That's where the positive experience stopped. The office staff immediately asked me why I would drive "all the way" to Lebanon from Carmel--Well my primary care doctor recommended him, so I went. Then, Dr. Cartwright asked the same question in an annoyed manner like I was a med seeker or mentally ill, while clearly neither apply (I have never had any pain or drug issues and I have never had any mental health issues). I answered him and then explained, with medical records in hand, that I've had serious issues with my lungs that have even required hospitalization, and nothing has helped. He then basically told me that there wasn't an issue despite medical documentation to the contrary, and proceeded to focus on the fact that I am unable to work. I let him know in a respectful but assertive way that I did not choose to be ill, and I came to him for help, and that if he is unwilling or unable fine, but don't blame me for being ill. He backed off, but was clearly not interested in helping me with treatment or getting a diagnosis. As I left and was walking to the checkout, I heard the nurse ask when he wanted to see me back. There was a pause, and then she chuckled. I didn't hear the answer, but it's fairly obvious what he said. That's funny, never is about when I want to see him again too.