Dr. Thomas Thompson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2017
11 years later
Eleven years ago Dr Thompson operated on my wrist twice that was broken from a fall. We were shocked at how he was able to repair my wrist where I have complete mobility with it today. I was in a cast for six months two operations and regular monitoring pins etc... he knows his art and well. He is an asset to the medical profession and cares about his patients.

March 17th, 2016
patient
Excellent doctor. Great bed side manner. Had total knee replacement and am so glad I chose this doctor. I did everything the doctor suggested and I feel like Forest Gump-I got new legs and a new life!!!

October 27th, 2015
Dr. & Staff......A+++++

June 30th, 2014
Recent knee surgery
Dr. Thompson is an experienced professional. I recently had outpatient surgery on my knee and was very pleased with the result. Everything transpired that he told me about and my knee is back to being almost new. Being 66 years old I was worried about the surgery but everything was perfect and the facility at Akron General Wellness Center is well run and you can feel confident going there.

March 10th, 2014
excellent
The doctor and his staff were, caring and professional. He explained the source of my hip pain and method of treatment. I recommend Dr Thompson highly.

January 23rd, 2014
wouldn't go anywhere else
I had both my knees replaced by Dr. Thompson, in 2009 and 2013. Both times,he waited for me to say when I was ready, no pressure from him to have the surgery done but once the decision was made , the waiting was over--surgery was scheduled quickly and efficiently with Shawn's(sp) help and insurance stuff covered and all questions answered for both me and my wife. After the surgery, he followed up in the hospital, in PT and at the office, he made sure I was comfortable and answered any questions again. If I need replacement of anything else or when my wife needs surgery, we will return to Dr. Thompson for sure!

February 2nd, 2012
Appointments take forever
Forget about it unless you have hours to wait and deal with a staff who could care less about your time. Seriously folks, we all know doctors are busy but a 90 minute wait on 3 occassions was ridiculous.

May 29th, 2011
Not just a dr. Became a friend !!
this man is an excellent dr in my opinion. Took the time to hear my problem, explain options, and proceed on an agreed decision. Not a dr to jump to surgery if not required. Follows and cares for his patients. Goes beyond what is required to make sure his patients are cared for and comfortable. I could write a book !!

June 14th, 2010
I like this Dr. I have seen him for a couple years now, and I think he is great at staying until all your questions are answered, I missed my appointment by a whole day(was a holiday week) and I was still seen within 10 minutes.

May 25th, 2010
just didn't seem to be "in the moment" during my visit. Have seen him on more than one occaision. Seemed to want to get out of the room asap.

April 29th, 2010
The guarantee on my shoulder replacement ran out after a year.

July 21st, 2017