Dr. Thomas Toal Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Toal Jr?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Toal Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

January 5th, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever seen!

Worst doctor I've ever seen. Has a God complex. If you disagree with his opinion he get an attitude. Be careful with what you say it will be turned upside down on you. He's an insurance company doctor and works for them not for you. Best to bring a lawyer when having to deal with this guy. Avoid him if you can. I would give no stars if it would let me.

September 22nd, 2016

Ime

Didn't listen was very rude said I had previously existing problems but I have never had issues until I got hurt. Said I have a back of a 79 year old. And it's a back strain, he said you can't believe mri that's because it shows I have 2 herniated disc 3 bulging. I can't stand for long bend down or sit and lay for long and it's a strain back. He lied on report never did stuff he said he did and said I was faking my pains. That's why my wife left me because I am faking pains. She said when they get the pain management under control she will come back until than this liar not only lied but is a home wrecker.

October 7th, 2015

Great Surgeon

Dr. Toal is a no nonsense surgeon and is very good at what he does. He operated on my ankle and did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend him

December 28th, 2014

IME patient.

He hurt me over over and was rude about it. His bed side manor is horrable and I don't think I have ever met a docter more hurtful or rude.

February 5th, 2014

Not real impressed

I never would have imagined being called a knucklehead, a meathead and a martyr. All this after the trauma of breaking my pelvis. The word martyr doesn't even work. Anyway he called me this because the ER told me I could go.... So I went. Deep down I knew I was hurt bad but the ER took their X-rays, cleaned my road rash and released me. Three years later I couldn't sleep because of osteoarthritis and he scared me into thinking I was too young for hip replacement and that if I ever had to go in for revision that it would turn out to be a disaster. Now I just learned revision, while difficult still has really favorable outcome.

January 10th, 2014

Most memorable is coming out of surgery after Toal replaced a hip, which he promised I would be able to do everything I did before after the hip replacement. In recovery I could not move my toes, could not feel the right side of my leg. He was called to look, poked and when asked would I be able to move my foot, feel my toes, he stated, "maybe 3 days, 3 months, maybe never." He walked away and looked as if dressed to play golf. He was not there to take staples out. The reason I could not feel was because he put in a prosthetic that is an inch too long and now I have drop foot, side of my calf is numb. I lose my balance, must wear a lift and can not longer run, which I had the last 15 years, everyday. He avoided me. He was arrogant and lied several times to me. Don't let this guy charm you. He is not honest nor reliant.

March 24th, 2012

Excellent Surgeon

When I first met Dr. Toal, he made me feel as though we had been friends forever. He gave me the information I needed to make the final decision to have my hip replaced and he assured me that it was the right decision. His confidence and passion were so great, there was no way anyone could have been better for me. I have had my hip for seventeen years and have been able to teach and play golf professionally and actually win money. Unfortunately, I am needing his services again, but we live far apart now. I had another surgeon do my other hip and I have had many problems with it, nothing major, but he was not near as good as Dr. Toal. I hope I can find a Dr. half as good as Dr. Toal, then I will be in good hands. Thank you Dr. Toal.

October 18th, 2011

Great Dr.

Dr. Toal ha been my orthopedic surgeon for two hip replacements. He was an excellent Dr. and respected my wishes. I wouldn't hesitate to go to him for surgery.

December 18th, 2010

Avoid at all costs

October 20th, 2009

Horrible Bedside Manner

I had one appointment with Dr. Toal. He started it off by asking me if the surgeon who had previously cared for me had said that amputation would be an option. I was shocked, because that word have NEVER been said to me before. He then said that he had seen "several patients with my exact injury that required amputation." what???? This was within the first 3 minutes. He then spent 10 minutes telling me every possible thing that could go wrong with my leg over the next two years and advised me to stop wearing the fracture walker that my out of insurance emergency surgeon had insisted on. At the end of the appointment when I asked when I should schedule a follow up appointment, he said that it would need to be later than usual because he was spending two weeks in New Jersey for a golfing vacation. This visit was so traumatic for me that I refused to see him ever again and waited months for a highly recommended surgeon to return from maternity leave.

August 31st, 2015