Dr. Thomas Renard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 5 reviews

September 11th, 2012
No results, poor bedside manner!!!
We saw Dr Renard on the recommendation of our pediatrician. We got an appointment easily but once we got to see him I was dismayed about how cold and uncaring he was. Our GI doctor told us she was 99% sure my daughter would need surgery. He ordered lots of tests and procedures and then gave us no answers. My daughter still has the same problem. All he wants us to do is see the GI doctor again. Her opinion remains the same, he just doesnt have one. We are searching for a new surgeon now.

April 16th, 2010
GREAT SURGEON!!
Dr Renard helped my son become pain free! After several months trying to figure out what was going on w/ my son - We were refered to Dr Renard - he looked at all the medical files we had - and scheduled surgery to remove my sons Appendix that Thursday - We have just gotten over that 6 weeks post op - and My son is back to normal. Thanks to Dr Renard.

February 8th, 2010
bad doctor
We were referred to Dr Renard by my sons pediatrician. He had an abscess that needed to be drain, a very simple procedure, but since it was so infected he would need general anesthesia. At his office appointment Dr Renard was very impatient with my son that was already in a lot of pain and barely looked at him and said he needed surgery next day. The only explanation and rude comment was he might need it later anyway. I did it because that was what my sons pediatrician recommended as well.The day of the surgery at this very expensive facility we had to wait from 9:45 to 12:45 in the waiting room. I realized that he makes all the patients come early just in case he can save time. After the sugery that lasted less than 10 minutes was done he was very rude. He told me to treat my sons wound in the wrong way, at least his nurse and the anesthesiologist that I saw after begged me not to follow his instructions. When I asked about the scar that this procedure would leave he said well, he will not be able to be a hip model. This is unacceptable, he does not care for the patient or family, he is just a bad doctor.

October 28th, 2009
Dr. Renard is Awesome!
My 10 week old son needed surgery to repair an umbilical hernia. We called on a Thursday and were able to see Dr. Renard on the next Monday. The staff in the office was very nice, and we only waited about 5 minutes in the lobby. The nurses that took our vitals were very nice and talked to the baby. We only waited about 3 minutes until Dr. Renard came to the exam room. He was gentle with our son and insisted on the surgery. We had it scheduled for the following week.Dr. Renard explained the procedure to us and assured us that he would take excellent care of our boy. After the surgery - he came out to talk to us and visited us on the recovery floor. He was present at our discharge and made us feel at ease.Our son has a new belly button and it's all thanks to Dr. Renard!! I can't praise him enough!

October 29th, 2008
Not good enough
he so far has show me that he lacks.the decisions he had made on my baby had not been good. and they have turn out worst.