Dr. Thomas Rieser MD Patient Reviews

• 2 reviews

no change

May 4th, 2016
Failed fusion
I feel like post operation care was lacking. In office he was all over the place, and seemed scatter brained. I thought he did a good job on my neck operation and surgery is where it really matters. He had told me for months "We only remove hardware if there's a problem" then months later he wants to remove the hardware because a screw is digging in bone, and I'm thin. ( I gained ten pounds since surgery) When I questioned this, he said it's normal for screw to dig in bone, and he wouldn't say that, but me being thin is why we need to remove hardware. It's not normal, I know many people that have had this surgery, and that's not typical. I had a CT scan to find out why I am in so much pain. He told me the scan looked good, and he ordered me a bone growth stimulator that should help pain. When I got my BGS, the guy that called to set appointment to bring it told me he had to wait for CT Scan for instance to approve the medical device. He informed me the CT scan showed the operation was a failure. I was very disappointed that Dr. Reiser didn't inform me of this. I don't know if his ego prevented him from being honest, but it's ridiculous. Before this, I would have recommended him.

August 12th, 2015
absolutely the best doctor,I would recommend him to anyone.he has the most attention to detail and is absolutely a perfectionist !! after my two disc replacements and a fusion (cervical). they have turned out to be perfect.his bedside manner is perfect.I cannot Express how much I appreciate what he is done for me.