Dr. Thomas Rodts Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Rodts?

Treats support staff deplorably

Posted on September 15th, 2017

I heard him speak to the nursing staff in the most demeaning manor. I immediately regretted letting him get near me. If he can speak to nurses and caregivers like that the hospital should do something .

Good, except for waiting time

Posted on January 2nd, 2016

I liked Dr. Rodts and his staff. He was polite, not arrogant, like some surgeons are (e.g. when a different one explained things in terms I didn't understand, not being a trained orthopedic surgeon, myself, I told him and instead of trying to explain them in terms a Ph.D. in a different field would have a fighting chance of understanding, he just said, "You don't need to understand." I did not have him do my surgery, and chose Dr. Rodts, instead. Patients DO need to understand for many reasons, including that research shows better understanding leads to better compliance with medical regimens (I think this study was published in JAMA). Patients also can't give legal informed consent if they are not informed (We are typically asked to give consent before we even see the doctor for the first time; I wait, as I should, and nothing bad happens to me at this office). I can't evaluate how good Dr. Rodts surgical skills are but there were no obvious complications, and recovery is proceeding. I will choose him, again, if I need the type of surgery he does. The only problem I had was that he has patients wait too long for their appointments at his office, which can be a problem when we have made other commitments based on assuming no more than a 1 hour appointment and it turns out that the entire experience takes 2-3 hours, most of which is spent in the waiting room. One patient started to leave while I was there, saying he had waited for 3 hours. Maybe he should hire someone in the office to keep him on schedule.

The Man with the Plan

Posted on May 10th, 2015

We found Dr. Rodts in the midst of a crisis. My mother had fractured her hip and needed emergency surgery. He came in with an organized plan, presented well-thought out options and answered numerous questions. He was amazing. He did a flawless surgery that has done many times in the past. While we are in the middle of a tough recovery, I would recommend him highly. He knows what he is doing and how to explain it.

The Best

Posted on July 1st, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Rodts, for 20 years. He has put me back together more than a few times. He is a great doctor and a very kind and caring man. He is generous with his time. He takes all the time I need to answer all of my questions, and makes sure I have all of the informtaion I need. I never feel rushed. My ankle was so smashed up once, I was afraid I would never walk again. He made me whole again. He is really the very best.

Posted on October 25th, 2017