Dr. Thomas Romano MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Liverpool, NY

3.1

April 10th, 2017
Very nice doctor
Veery nice practice everyone was very nice

January 17th, 2017
He was very rude the first time I went to him. I refuse to go back to him. They won't let me switch to another doctor within that group so searching for a good gastroenteritis

December 19th, 2016
He is an intelligent Dr. and I trust his opinion. I have been seing him for 7 years now and I am confident that I am getting top shelf treatment. It was a little disturbing to read reviews from earlies years that were so negative, mostly about him being rushed and only caring about $. I have found him to be a great guy with a good sense of humor, you just have to engage him and he is very friendly and willing to spend time to discuss any concerns and questions.

September 16th, 2015
Great doctor - not so much the PA!

May 14th, 2013
talked to his wife on his phone while i was in the room. Never can get into see him always want to prescribe drugs.

February 25th, 2013
Rude and Crude
First time that I ever left a review for anyone..... I don't do this, I don't think of myself as a bad person because I express my feelings, ... right now... I'm a PO'd person.... and "yes", I can be opinionated.... I shouldn't have even "rated" this doctor, he doesn't deserve a rating....this is one chart that he does not carry.... Visited this doctor for the very 1st and LAST time. Shows no compassion, thinks he knows it all, makes remarks that have nothing to do with the reason you are there to see him, he wouldn't even look at the CD brought in.... he had to have been brought up in a "box" and let out only to go to medical school. He has no idea what it is like to be on the other side of things, (if this sounds too harsh, it's only because of how he made me feel as a patient, I wish I never found him on the website, it's really scary to know that he made it to where he is at in his present life. Getting excellent grades, DOES NOT make you a Doctor. Did he forget that he took an "OATH" to live by- went in one ear and out the other) He finds it very difficult to look outside of the "box". Don't think he had too many friends other than animals, no I take that back, animals would sense things right off the bat... Maybe it's not all his fault, maybe it stems from younger days.... all I know is he does not take the time and care, and has no compassion when it comes to some of his patients. There's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable with a new doctor, especially a GI guy. Maybe I should have ignored all of this website stuff.... had to let off some steam, you will not be hearing from me ever again... Now I'm going to get on with my life and have a great day and many, many more to come.

July 22nd, 2011
Worst Dr. Ever!!
He didn't even look at my chart before he did an endoscopy on me, for the follow up he was looking at the chart. He was so belittling and awful he made me cry & I'm not usually an emotional person. He actually said, "Oh you're not satisfied with the diagnosis of post infectious IBS?" Seriously, I couldn't eat solid foods for almost a yr & had debilatating pain ever since a severe intestinal infection. Just because I had been unable to work bc of the pain for almost a yr, I'd applied for disability, so he said, "Well that's no way to go if you want to get better." That's not my goal! I haven't even been able to get out of bed most days, let alone work & I have bills to pay. He made us feel like trash. After my fiance gave him a piece of his mind for making me cry & making me feel like crap, without even listening to me tell him I'd tried to eat solids he said, "You should try to eat solids. He didn't even listen to me. Then he left the room. His nurse came back with an appt. 6 mths later & I asked what do I do about the pain. She said, "We've done all we can. There is nothing else we can do for you."These people are frauds and need to be reported to the medical board!!

March 31st, 2011
Love my doctor!
Excellent professional! Doctor sometimes seems rushed due to the massive amount of patients he has, alothough its made up because he can perform procedures right in his office, as opposed to most places where the most activity is standing holding an eye staring at a chart. I love love love My doctor =)

March 6th, 2011
Too Many Patients not enough time
Had this doctor for ten years. Too many patients not enough time to see them all or listen carefully to them all. One night very bad abdominal pain went to ER. ER docs were very concerned and wanted to admit me. They phoned Romano who was on call. Since it was midnight I guess he did not want to bother coming in, so he told them to send me home with pain med. Next day his office called and said I had to get another doctor because he didnt take my insurance anymore. About a week later, pain worse ended back in the ER. Had an obstruction with sepsis starting. Would have been discovered sooner if Romano had bothered to come to the ER like he was on call to do.

August 16th, 2010
Medically, Dr Romano is a fine doctor. However, he does not treat patients as people. I feel like I am simply $$ to him. I had a follow-up appt scheduled a year in advance. Two days before my appt, the office sent me a letter informing me my appt was moved to a date 3 months in the future. No attempt was made to contact me to see if this date worked in MY schedule. When I arrived for that appt, I was told 'he is running late'. TWO HOURS LATER his nurse practioner came in to review my chart...info I had already mailed in...and to schedule a repeat procedure and next year's appt! You never even get to see the doctor. And if you dare ask a question, you are treated in a very demeaning manner.

April 6th, 2010
Dr Romano's Sense of Humor Can Be Taken Wrong
I've had 2 colonoscopy and 1 endoscopy with Dr R. His staff is always excellent. First time through he was great, second he seemed a little rushed, but overall fine. I asked for an additional test and he said let's wait and see results from the first before you spend your money. His sense of humor is dry, so people might misinterpret him. I'll keep going there.

February 23rd, 2010
RUN RUN RUN!!!!
my doctor refered me to dr romanos office, i thought i was going to get another doctor because my friend who is his patient said he was too busy and the waiting is terrible. but no i saw dr romano and waited an hour and a half. it seems that other paitents that were seeing another doctor got in faster and their were less of them. i noticed 10 exam rooms while was there and all the doors were closed i assume with other waiting paitents the waiting room was full too. no wonder the wait time is so long he must see 50 patients an hour. oh and he comes across rude and condesending. see one of the other doctors instead. the staff is great.