Is this the same doctor? show details Is this the same doctor?
by David on May 1st, 2015

Was in a car accident saw several doctors with all sorts of injections even a ablation on the neck for multiple herniation's. Scheduling is a nightmare even if you schedule then call to confirm, the person you spoke with either didn't enter correctly or you were removed if not currently in litigation with auto insurance. Had what he described as damaged facet joints and stated he had an advanced procedure that was permanent. The first went well but had mid back pain, stated same thing had ablation from now S1-T12. Also stated when I saw him if it wore off for whatever reason he would see me. I scheduled out three weeks for an apt. after settlement, I was removed from schedule and person on the phone seemed to care less. Was a good experience the first time then went down hill with waiting times up to 2-3 hours and I have pain when sitting. He never came in to see me again as promised only his assistants that said there was nothing else they could do for me. Then wrote me an RX for lyrica after trying to schedule with DR krost which was a whole other nightmare (don't waste your money or time on Krost). I was truly crushed and still in chronic pain out of work for a year or more. Drifting from one doctor to the next with same results, is this what I get for using him and trusting his advice? Is this to be the rest of my life in pain apparently the doctors in FL think so. What happened to the care we got 10 years ago? What happened to the honesty rather than prescribing new expensive drugs not covered by insurance. Was in a non fault car accident and I am 33 years old I now spend my days in bed or a zero gravity chair. Tried every therapy out there inversion, magnetic, Aquatics, Massage Therapy and no results. And the GREAT state of FL will not fill my RX because they are scared to death of the DEA; so they say. Denied by Disability twice running out of money: Thanks Dr Roush for taking my money and leaving me in pain without direction or recommendation. Think he is into total cervical disk replacement with people i Workman's Comp or Auto accidents. Sad to see such potential in a doctor and all he really cares about is money like every other business. In utter shock the way I was treated, I wish I the Dr Roush from 2013 was still around not the greedy uncaring one that exist today very sad. Also staff in the beginning was great but they disappeared with younger inexperienced short tempered employees, must be trying to keep even more money for him self they looked miserable and were incompetent. Sorry to ramble on but I know people in chronic pain are desperate for relief and need it as quick as possible. I wish you better luck than I had if you choose to proceed. Visits are either 350 or 450 for maybe 5-10 minutes talk, they keep reaching for the door knob. If there is a God Help me!!!!!!. Saw another dr said my facets were fine there is a risk of cascading facet joints with his advance procedure I have also tried reflexology, hypnotherapy, and Transcendental Meditation. With no luck. Thanks again Dr Roush for taking my money and leaving me in pain. Also no follow up after procedure, maybe he hates my insurance and doesn't wish to see me but is that America?

Life changing experience show details Life changing experience
Jul 24th, 2014

After many years of severe pain and inadequate and unsuccessful treatment, my primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Roush. Dr. Roush took the time to explain my options in great detail. He emphasized conservative treatment but my desire was to move straight to definitive treatment. Dr. Roush fixed both my neck and back condition surgically over 6 months ago and now I have some slight pain, but overall feel about 90% better. I'm doing things that I haven't done in decades! Dr. Roush is the most honest, compassionate and skilled doctor that I have ever come across (and I have seen many!). And anybody saying otherwise either doesn't know him or is trying to slander him on behalf of insurance companies who care only about their own bottom line and not those of the patients they supposedly represent!

Inaccurate diagnosis show details Inaccurate diagnosis
Oct 9th, 2013

Dr. Roush was very nice but recommend I have surgery without a proper diagnosis. I was involved in an auto accident and he was very pushy in trying to bill as many charges and procedures so (in his words) "have a larger settlement with our insurance company." He totally disregarded what was best for my health and was more focused on what he could defraud the insurance company. People like him are a disgrace to tbe medical field.

49 YR OLD MALE, WITH UNBARABLE NECK PAIN show details 49 YR OLD MALE, WITH UNBARABLE NECK PAIN
Aug 14th, 2012

I HAD AN ACCIDENT AND HAD UNBEARABLE NECK PAIN WITH NUMBNESS IN MY LEFT ARM AND FINGERS, I HAD 2 SPINAL SURGERIES 15 YRS AGO IN 1998..AFTER SEING A FEW SURGEONS, I NEW I DID NOT WANT A FUSION FOR C5-6 AND C6-7, DR ROUSH TOLD ME ABOUT A NEW WAY TO GO WITCH WAS A TOTAL DISK REPLACEMENT IN THE 2 LEVELS, AFTER 6 MONTHS OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP OR DO ANYTHING, AND AFTER A TON OF RESEARCH I DECIDED TO GO WITH THE 2 LEVEL REPLACEMENT ON MY NECK...I AM 3 WEEKS POST SURGERY AND DOING WELL MOST OF THE NUMBNESS IS GONE, I STILL DO HAVE STIFFNESS IN THE LOWER NECK IN TO MY SHOULDERS BUT IT IS GETING BETTER....ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS DR ROUSH IS A TOP 100 SURGEON A GREAT GUY AND A GREAT SURGEON,THANK YOU DR R I LOVE YOU MAN.. I CAN NOT THANK HIM, AND HIS STAFF ENOUGH, THANK YOU GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL, BEST REGARDS STEVIE B

Jan 31st, 2011

he was fabulous and i am out of pain