Dr. Thomas Runyan MD Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Brunswick, GA

2.7

no change

January 23rd, 2017
Do not go to him. Please. He hurt me . Requiring hospitalization. This was during surgery.

September 22nd, 2016
Too Bad
I saw Dr. Runyan because I heard he was technically competent. Also heard he could be difficult to talk to. The latter is very, very true so I moved on to a better Dr.

August 29th, 2016
While technically competent, Dr. Runyan's bedside manner is awful. He has no people skills and detests having to deal with questions. It's been said that he has a "Napoleon Complex" which may explain his terrible demeanor. Even his staff seem to cower in his presence. You can expect to wait a long time even when it doesn't appear that his office is busy. Good luck!

July 24th, 2016
pain management
This Dr. treated my elderly mom horribly. Like she didn't have pain. Said there was no more they could do and go back to her regular dr. He's supposed to be pain management. If it quacks like a duck--it's probably a quack!!!

March 15th, 2016
Worst Doctor (if you can even call him that) Ever!
My first visit it was towards the end of the day, I was still asking him questions and he just shrugs his shoulders and walks out the door. I took the medicine he prescribed, ended up in the ER, not once did I hear anything from him after my visit to the ER. I called and left messages and was told to take the medicine my other Dr. had prescribed. I went in today for my 2nd appointment and he didn't even meet with me, his PA did. She said, "there is nothing we can do for you. You need to go to another pain specialist." I was told he was BAD, but I didn't know he was that BAD. Go anywhere but his office and if you are referred to his office, I would recommend asking for somewhere else!!!

January 28th, 2016
Lousy doctor
I recently saw this this doctor he has no,idea what he is talking about .he thinks that facts are still lies. There's no way I would recommend this doctor to,anyone he doesn't care for,anyone he will say and do anything to make u think that u are not in pain .all in all please dnt waste your time going here u will regret it .for,he doesn't do,anything in your favor.

January 9th, 2015
Awesome treatment. Wouldn't trust my chronic pain to any other physician!

December 30th, 2014
Dr. Runyun was very very rude, He has no social skills what so ever. He talked to me like I was a dog. I was 60 a that time and had never been spoke down to like he did me, I took all of his test that he suggested ,even Mayo, with no feedback. My friends that had used him tried to tell me he was a lousy dr..In a time when I needed his guidance. HE has no idea what was causing my leg pain so he just ran out . DO NOT USE DR< RUNYUN

July 10th, 2014
Horrible
I got esi an was suppose to be sedated an I wasn't an then during I told him it hurt an he kept going, after the procedure I was in so much pain! I still am! I called his office a the nurse said go to the hospital, he suppose to be a pain management doctor! This doctor needs to go back to school or just quit, his nurse assistant is awful also, my pain is so much worse than before, I would not recommend anyone to go to this doctor, he apparently doesn't know pain.

February 20th, 2014
Poor bedside manner
This physician is uncaring, sacastic, condenscending and rediculous to deal with. I took my friend in for a consult for chronic pain management and he was accusitory and said what she was saying did not add up. Well, pain is subjective and I see my friend everyday and clearly if he knew what he was doing he could see it himself. WHAT DOESNT ADD UP? Dr. Runyan stood over my friend with his arms folded and smerking at my friend and she was scared to death. He needs to develop some caring people skills, and learn what pain means. I cannot recommend this physician for anything.

November 20th, 2013
patient
I cant say enough about the quality of care I received from Dr. Runyan. He not only was concerned about my ortheo issues but wanted to make sure my overall health was dealt with. You don't find such a good Doctor that easy.

September 10th, 2012
one of the worst experiences ever with a new doctor
Bad bedside manner and poor attitude. Would not recommend this Dr to anyone.