Dr. Thomas Rupp MD Patient Reviews

December 30th, 2015
Awful DR
Stay away from him !! If you have a problem he always sends you to ER or shops you to Chicago for a second option and when they give him suggestions he will not do as the recommend or he will assign you to another doctor in the office do he don't have to deal with any complicated cases

August 26th, 2015
Dr Rupp and his nursing staff consistently go above and beyond what is required of them.

May 19th, 2013
dr. rupp has been my doctor for years. i would recommend him to anyone!! he has always made me feel very comfortable and shown extreme compassion. and making sure that you understand exactly what is going on with you is completely explained before and after the procedure. office visits are never rushed. questioned after he has left the room.... he returns to answer them. :) he's the best!!!

March 20th, 2013
questionable
I was diagnosed with Crohn's almost 30 yrs ago, since coming to Dr. Rupp I continue to feel like I am a burden the he and his staff. He answers questions in "Dr language" then gets upset because I don't understand or question what he says. I am looking for another Dr at this point. He doesn't seem to remember from appointment to appointment whats going on with me, so we have to re-hash the hole history then spend 10 minutes with me and is gone.

November 29th, 2011
Dr. Rupp is a great doctor
I was a hard case to diagnos and Dr. Rupp never gave up because he knew there was something that other doctors were missing. He ran many test on me till he found what my diagnosis was. He also made sure that the treatment for my condition would be safe for me and wouldnt make me more ill than i already was. I have alot of respect for Dr. Rupp he gave me my life back(:

May 13th, 2010
compassionate doctor
I found Dr. Rupp to be very intelligent and helpful, caring and well-trained--a GREAT doctor!

October 20th, 2009
Rupp performed a colonoscopy on my mother. Immediately following my mother experienced severe pain. She was the last patient of the day and it was very obvious that the doctor (I use the term loosely) were anxious to leave. They hurried us out. As we left I asked the doctor(?) what to do if the pain did not subside and he said "Go to the emergency room." The pain did not subside, we went to the emergency room and my mother was never healthy again. She died 3 months later. Stay as far away from this man as you can if you value your life.

October 12th, 2009
Dr. Rupp did a fine job of diagnosing my problem and treating it. His nurse, however, seems to think it is her job to keep you from seeing, talking to, or getting your questions to the doctor. She appears to hate having to deal with patients at all, and is downright rude most of the time. She will flat out say, no, you don't need an appointment, when you call to ask for one.Her prep instructions, on three separate occasions, were barked at me over the phone at about 120 mph- God help an older or hearing impaired or confused or new patient; when I asked, in the office, for written prep instructions, she said, "I ALREADY TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO". It is simply impossible to get past her to actually see or speak with Dr. Rupp, and you cannot switch doctors within the practice when you get sick of dealing with her. I wish I could continue to treat with him, because I feel like he really is great, clinically, and he really does care; the problem is, you can't communicate with him at all, unless you get a sign and stand outside his office building, apparently. Also: thanks for sending me to the wrong facility for my procedure. (the nurse I am talking about is the one with the longer first name- she is so unbelievably rude!)

March 4th, 2009
In my opinion, i would look elsewhere for another gastroenterologist. Dr. Rupp not only has poor bedside manner, but the procedure he did for my mother did not go well, to say the least. The prep instructions we were given were incorrect, and after I asked the nurse aout it, she repilied "They just have to get around to correcting it". I would not recommend this doctor or his staff.