Dr. Thomas Ryan MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology New Orleans, LA

• Good
  • Bad

February 22nd, 2017
I have been goimg to Dr. Ryan since I was 17yrs. old. Young and Naive I didn't know any better. I beccame pregnant in 2006 at the age of 19 and seeked Dr. Ryan of course. He wasn't really excited to hear the news but I laready knew that because he's never really all that excited anyway. During my pregnancy he was pretty good at keeping me updated about my baby and my appts went swell. One night i called him to let him know i was having back pains this being my first pregnancy i was unaware of what a contraction was or felt like. i called twice before he decided to get back with me. He told me to go to the hospital with a bit of an attitude but me being young i didn't really take heed to what was going on. I made it to the hospital at 7am. My due date wasn't for another 2 weeks. When they put me in the room i asked the nurse was i having contractions she replied yes but it seemed rehearsed. A couple hours in I was told I was going to have a c-section beacuse the baby pooped while still inside. I upset but trusted him. I had my c-section at about 4pm. After my c-section I was told i got an infection and something strepped which i still don't understand what that meant and i asked numerous people who don't understand. I stayed in the hospital for 6days after I was pumped with antibiotocs once maybe twice a day never felt ill or anything out of the ordinary. My stay in the hospital was horrible. I was moved to 3 different rooms which was odd to me. About 5yrs later I started working at that same hospital. And overheard some people talking about how Dr.s make more money off of a c-section. That's when it dawned on me and (there's alot more to this story) but I started to put alot of things together. I was taking full advantage of because I was young and had medicaid. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. Its a shame when Dr's take advantage of the unknowing being in nursing school and have been working in the hospitals over 6yrs now has taught me alot. Horrible Horrible Dr. I simply wrote this to inform people to pay attention to the misconceptions.

April 14th, 2016
Dr. Ryan delivered all three of my children and I would trust no one else to do so! He encouraged me to try for a VBAC on my third pregnancy and I am so glad we did. I would HIGHLY recommend this doctor to any woman. He made each of our deliveries very, very special!

January 26th, 2015
Regarding time..
Reading these comments.. Be Blessed that you have a doctor that can take the time with you. So what if you have to wait. That tells you, he listens , to all your needs. Do you think its better to have a doctor who doesn't listen to you and care more about time? Corporate medicine today doesn't allow doctors to listen to the patient. Most times you only have 15 minutes by the time you sign in, till the time you sign out. If the doctor takes longer, they get reprimanded , they continue this behavior they get fired. Mistakes are being made, pharmacy mistakes are being made, when doctors are under stress to get you in and out in 15 minutes. Wouldn't you rather have a doctor that does listen to you, then to have one worry about time?

August 5th, 2014
Nice guy but Not so caring doctor
I had been a patient for over 15 years. Last year I had a bone density scan performed with the dr's referral. Three months later received a voice mail with a chuckle" hey it's been sitting on my desk for months and you have osteoporosis". After a few weeks of missed phone calls and waiting for his staff to return phone calls to get insurance coverage for treatment , I decided to try an oral medication that he prescribed. After two doses I had an allergic reaction to the meds and called the office to ask his recommendation of what to do. He assured me that " you must be wrong and not having an allergic reaction to that". Not once did he tell me to come into the office to be checked out. I drove myself to the ER and sought treatment from another dr. I had residual effects from the allergic reaction for 4 months. Have not even received a phone call to inquire of my reaction. Needless to say I will never return to this dr again. I strongly would not recommend. The staff is nice but they never follow through with phone calls or insurance information.

September 13th, 2013
Selective caring
While a seemingly nice person and passable doctor, the patient's time means nothing to him. After keeping you waiting for HOURS with no clothes on, he will waltz in and be very "nicey nicey". Once after saying hello to me in the waiting room at a time when it was already past my appointment time, he calmly walked out and went to lunch! I, too, was hungry, but as I said, the patient's time means nothing. He also repeatedly cancels appointments which have been booked for months.

February 7th, 2013
Excelent, gental, kind , funny , honest.
DR.RYAN ALWAYS ASKS HOW I AM DOING AND HE REMEBERS MY CHIKDRENS NAMES AND ASKS ABOUT THAT EVERY YEAR HE GENUINLY CARES. I recommeded him to several young girls including my daughter-in-law and they loved him. He has delivered my two sons and now my grandson. Dr. Ryan is GREAT DOCTOR! !!

September 6th, 2012
GREAT OB! Wish he could have delivered all of my kids!
Dr. Ryan is very knowledgable, treats you with respect and an individual, doesn't just read you facts from a textbook but what he truly believes from his personal experience and professional knowledge, gets to know you throughout your nine months (if seeing as an OB) so that he knows his patient and you know who will deliver your child. The front desk is nice and quick and his nurse is super sweet. I was very sad to move and to know he won't be able to deliver my other children. I wish I could find someone like him to deliver my next but so far, no luck!

April 23rd, 2012
EXCELLENT Ob/Gyn
I have been a patient of Dr. Ryan's for several over 15 years now, and I have never had any negative issues with him or his staff. He is a wonderful doctor who takes his time during every appointment. He is very attentive and has a wonderful bedside manner. Dr. Ryan has been nothing but professional during my visits, and I never feel rushed in the exam room. I've had no problems getting an appointment to see him, even when I have to schedule a last-minute appointment. His compassion and genuine interest in his patients is something that I rarely see in my other doctors.

November 3rd, 2011
I found Dr. Ryan by chance. I am so glad that I did. He is very unprofessional and will listen to concerns you have. He is very knowledgeable about current birth control on the market. I have used him for years, and now 4 of my friends have him as their doctor too!

August 29th, 2011
A+++
Dr. Thomas and his staff is always very friendly and helps you feel at ease. This is my 3rd time seeing Dr. Ryan & it is so nice not having to dread going to the gynecologist and be scared. He is very professional, kind, and a great doctor.

April 6th, 2017