A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Powers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Powers, Psychiatrist, Emergency Physician is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Powers
Parkinson's Disease Patient Education Real all about symptoms and treatments for Parkinson's disease in our Parkinsons patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Powers Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Powers, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Alternative Medicine
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Powers graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Powers has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Eden Medical Center - San Leandro Hospital Campus
- Eden Medical Center - Eden Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Sheldon Powers MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Pain Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Thomas S. Powers practice?
- Dr. Thomas Powers has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Powers practices Psychiatry and Pain Medicine near Castro Valley, CA.
See Castro Valley Psychiatrists and Castro Valley Pain Management Doctors.