Thomas S Powers, MD
20055 Lake Chabot Rd
Ste 350
Castro Valley, CA 94546
510-889-0422
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

|  Oxycodone pusher!!  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

This quack sells prescriptions of oxycodone to anyone willing to pay his fee. This is his whole business. Addicts are hanging out in the parking lot. Why doesn't the DEA do something about him?

|  Self Diagnosis  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

I saw him in Jan of this year for a psychological evaluation for gastric bypass surgery. I gave him a couple of weeks to prepare the report and send it to the surgeon's office. It never happened. When I called back I was told that my chart had been misplaced. The next time I was told that I needed to fill out a release form, which you would think I would have been given during my initial visit. After that for several months I waited. Finally I requested my $135 to be returned so that I could go to another doctor. He then tried to say that I needed to come in to answer more questions, which if that was the case it would not have taken 4-5 months to tell me that. At this point he was looking for an excuse so as not to pay me because I had filed s small claims case against him. I was beginning to wonder if he needed a psychiatrist himself. He finally returned my money. I have decided to speak up for myself when these doctors do me wrong. Something like this happened to me in 1996 with my vision. It took me until last year but I finally got around to complaining to the optometrists. It will never take me that long again.

|  Concerned Mom  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2011

Dr. Powers was rude, condescending, adn unhelpful, he will spend your visit talking about himself and not listening or caring to help you. Do NOT go to this doctor