Pain Management Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Has a negative reputation  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2014

I was referred by Dr. Srinivasan at Neurological Consultants. After a consultation and follow-up appointment, I pursued my pain management course at another hospital. Dr. Yang was late, rude and obnoxious. I met another patient in the waiting room who exchange contact information with me. I was able to visit her at her home in Bellevue she showed me some of the bills ($250K ) and the HUGE incision he had made. I asked a friend of mine on the state health board and he said this is a doctor you do not want to get involved with.

|  He's a good doctor, people  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2014

Dr. Yang is a pain specialist, with a research agenda - something he shares with patients on day one. His primary role is to conduct cutting edge pain management research, NOT patient care. He still sees patients, however, and is thorough and thoughtful. I have worked with him over the last 18 months and he's very good. Highly recommended.

|  Arrogant and Deceitful Pseudo-Doctor  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2014

This man is a fraud. From the beginning he spends hardly any time diagnosing your true condition. He then tells you that there is no hope except to put a $100,000 machine (actually $220,000) into your body. After surgery, when the machine doesn't do what he said it would, Thomas tells you that he doesn't need to see you anymore because nothing is wrong. He blames the company representatives (who are not doctors) instead. In a nutshell: -Thomas misdiagnoses patients. -Thomas lies about the price of his surgery. -Thomas makes horribly large incisions (according to another doctors who was shocked) -Thomas does not provide ANY followup care. This is malpractice. I would not wish this Dr. on my worst enemy.

|  Suprised by reviews  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2014

I don't know if I've been seeing the nice twin of Dr. Yang or not but I find it hard to believe the comments on here. Dr. Yang has been very nice, listens well and knows exactly what is going on with my health. Though I will admit members of his staff are less than pleasant. But overall I'd recommend him.

|  Bad experience  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2013

Agree completely with the other reviews. On my first visit, they made me pee in a cup for a drug test (no warning that this was part of the visit). Then, the nurse questioned me about the prescription drugs I listed on their forms and then compared that list to my on-line prescription records from Swedish. I was asked why I did not list on the form various drugs that were on the on-line record. I explained that a number of the drugs on the on-line list were prescriptions from many years ago and that I was no longer taking them. In short, I was treated like a drug addict. Dr. actually seemed to disagree with my list of pain symptoms, based on a few minutes of examination--he frequently shook his head as I explained my health issues, as if he didn't believe a word I was saying. I also mentioned a non-drug treatment that seemed to work before for my condition, but he disputed that I ever had that treatment.

|  Seriously don't waste your time  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2013

I saw Dr. Yang for almost 3 months, spent thousands of dollars for absolutely no pain relief, multiple wrong diagnosis and a total waste of time. He makes you feel like your pain and problems are a joke and he has made his mind up about your problems before he even enters the room. I had to beg him to examine me at one appointment he said "I am not scheduled for an exam so NO" He also told me that an exam at this point would not show him anything new. His exams are only 20 minutes long, barley enough time to even talk to him and that is IF he is running on time otherwise you only get 10 minutes. Also his nurse has the worst bedside manner of anyone I have ever seen. Acts like you are a thorn in side. After seeing him 6 times his nurse still never not once even greeted me or asked how my day was. Unbelievable that these people still have jobs. I would not wish this Dr. on my worst enemy!

|  find someone else  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

the only way I can describe this experience in one word is "horrible" Do not trust this doctor. He walks in like he owns the place, tells you what you are going to do without listening, actually WONT listen He actively does not listen. He is very, very black and white. No gray. It's this way only.....no other way. He rolls over you and basically your screwed. He likes to complain that he has no time and if normal doctors would do what they "are supposed to" his time could be better spent not dealing with 'YOU". Some doctor, huh. Run the other direction. If this is what Polyclinic has to offer, find another hospital. I am.

|  show details
May 20th, 2012

This Doctor does not care about his patients... Communication between doctor and patient is nil. I would say he is careless in his referals.

|  Arrogant  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Save your back and body time, find a doctor who cares. This one is motivated by money, not you.