Dr. Thomas Yang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

July 12th, 2016
Dr. Yang is one of the most professional Dr.'s I have been to in this field. He went over all my past records, spent a good deal of time with me. was up front with treatment which would not be with him. I did not feel like he was going to put me through the mill just to get a dollar from me. I Highly recommend this Dr. He knows what hes doing.

April 9th, 2016
rude,arrogant, uninformed, disrespectful
This is the rudest most arrogant disrespectful actively non-listening "physician" I have ever encountered. He disparaged information, treatment by other doctors, was personally insulting , and, in at least three instances, gave wildly inaccurate information. See anyone else; this individual is verbally abusive and medically substandard.

December 8th, 2015
BEWARE
This doctor was so o rude, I literally left in tears. He gave me the impression that he really didn't care. I waited over a month to see him and was thinking FINALLY I get to see a specialist who can diagnose my pain in my body. This doctor is a joke. I have had unpleasant doctors in the past...and even they do not not compare to his arrogant, nonchalant, nonempathetic mannerisms. HE DOES NOT GET A RECOMMENDATION FROM ME!

November 10th, 2015
I've never experienced a doctor as rude, disrespectful and condescending as Dr. Yang. It was the worst experience I've encountered with a medical professional. I would never refer this doctor to anyone. Horrible experience.

March 29th, 2015
Courteous, Caring, Thorough
The descriptions offered in previous reviews do not match my personal experience with Dr. Yang. He was very personable, asked lots of questions, reviewed my medical history very carefully, and spent a fair amount of time describing what my treatment options were and why some would not be a good fit for me, or might even be dangerous based on my reactions to previous medications. He was very upfront with me about his research into neurostimulator implants and explained that it might be the best option for relieving the excruciating pain of occipital neuralgia that I've been suffering from.

June 22nd, 2014
Has a negative reputation
I was referred by Dr. Srinivasan at Neurological Consultants. After a consultation and follow-up appointment, I pursued my pain management course at another hospital. Dr. Yang was late, rude and obnoxious. I met another patient in the waiting room who exchange contact information with me. I was able to visit her at her home in Bellevue she showed me some of the bills ($250K+) and the HUGE incision he had made. I asked a friend of mine on the state health board and he said this is a doctor you do not want to get involved with.

June 10th, 2014
He's a good doctor, people
Dr. Yang is a pain specialist, with a research agenda - something he shares with patients on day one. His primary role is to conduct cutting edge pain management research, NOT patient care. He still sees patients, however, and is thorough and thoughtful. I have worked with him over the last 18 months and he's very good. Highly recommended.

June 3rd, 2014
Arrogant and Deceitful Pseudo-Doctor
This man is a fraud. From the beginning he spends hardly any time diagnosing your true condition. He then tells you that there is no hope except to put a $100,000 machine (actually $220,000) into your body. After surgery, when the machine doesn't do what he said it would, Thomas tells you that he doesn't need to see you anymore because nothing is wrong. He blames the company representatives (who are not doctors) instead. In a nutshell: -Thomas misdiagnoses patients. -Thomas lies about the price of his surgery. -Thomas makes horribly large incisions (according to another doctors who was shocked) -Thomas does not provide ANY followup care. This is malpractice. I would not wish this Dr. on my worst enemy.

February 15th, 2014
Suprised by reviews
I don't know if I've been seeing the nice twin of Dr. Yang or not but I find it hard to believe the comments on here. Dr. Yang has been very nice, listens well and knows exactly what is going on with my health. Though I will admit members of his staff are less than pleasant. But overall I'd recommend him.

October 8th, 2013
Bad experience
Agree completely with the other reviews. On my first visit, they made me pee in a cup for a drug test (no warning that this was part of the visit). Then, the nurse questioned me about the prescription drugs I listed on their forms and then compared that list to my on-line prescription records from Swedish. I was asked why I did not list on the form various drugs that were on the on-line record. I explained that a number of the drugs on the on-line list were prescriptions from many years ago and that I was no longer taking them. In short, I was treated like a drug addict. Dr. actually seemed to disagree with my list of pain symptoms, based on a few minutes of examination--he frequently shook his head as I explained my health issues, as if he didn't believe a word I was saying. I also mentioned a non-drug treatment that seemed to work before for my condition, but he disputed that I ever had that treatment.

June 14th, 2013
Seriously don't waste your time
I saw Dr. Yang for almost 3 months, spent thousands of dollars for absolutely no pain relief, multiple wrong diagnosis and a total waste of time. He makes you feel like your pain and problems are a joke and he has made his mind up about your problems before he even enters the room. I had to beg him to examine me at one appointment he said "I am not scheduled for an exam so NO" He also told me that an exam at this point would not show him anything new. His exams are only 20 minutes long, barley enough time to even talk to him and that is IF he is running on time otherwise you only get 10 minutes. Also his nurse has the worst bedside manner of anyone I have ever seen. Acts like you are a thorn in side. After seeing him 6 times his nurse still never not once even greeted me or asked how my day was. Unbelievable that these people still have jobs. I would not wish this Dr. on my worst enemy!

October 2nd, 2012
find someone else
the only way I can describe this experience in one word is "horrible" Do not trust this doctor. He walks in like he owns the place, tells you what you are going to do without listening, actually WONT listen He actively does not listen. He is very, very black and white. No gray. It's this way only.....no other way. He rolls over you and basically your screwed. He likes to complain that he has no time and if normal doctors would do what they "are supposed to" his time could be better spent not dealing with 'YOU". Some doctor, huh. Run the other direction. If this is what Polyclinic has to offer, find another hospital. I am.