Dr. Thomas Sachtleben MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 7th, 2014
Muscles vs vertbrae
I went to Dr Sachtleben with a complaint of severe back pain. He said I had muscle spasms. Spent about 5 minutes with me and I was referred to a physical therapist. 2 weeks later still had pain, had an x-ray which showed T-6 vertebra had suffered a compression fracture. He did nothing to analyze the real problem. Would NOT recommend this Doctor.

January 23rd, 2013
Awesome

August 1st, 2012
It's Not Your Knee - It's Your Back
I injured my knee and went to see my primary care physician. Since she could not order an MRI of my knee (insurance requirement), she referred me to Dr. Sachtleben. During my office visit with Dr. Sachtleben, and without the benefit of any diagnostic tools, he proclaimed that "it's not your knee, it's your back". That GROSS MISDIAGNOSIS started the derailment of my healthcare train which ultimately involved 6 doctors, 3 MRIs, 3 lumbar epidural steroid injections into my spine and 93 days of constant pain. When nothing worked, I was referred to a pain management physician. After a thorough examination, he proclaimed that "it's not your back, it's your knee". An MRI of my knee was ordered. Arthroscopic surgery was performed which relieved all of my pain and restored my mobility. In reality, I should only have been examined and treated by 3 doctors, been subjected to only 1 MRI, followed by arthroscopic surgery of my left knee. The time frame for these events to occur should have encompassed 43 days, not 93 days. If Dr. Sachtleben had ordered an MRI of my knee, as intended by my primary care physician, none of the additional pain, suffering, emotional stress and financial distress associated with this debacle would have occurred.

October 24th, 2015