Dr. Thomas Sangiovanni MD Patient Reviews

• Foot and Ankle Orthopedics Miami, FL

July 28th, 2014
Great
I broke my ankle while out of state. A friend recommended Dr. Sangiovani highly. Called his office while out of town and they coordinated with the urgent care center in North Carolina to have everything sent to them. I got back home Friday night and Monday morning at his office. By then he had review my case and more xrays taken at his office. They advised me to be fasting in case dr would recommend surgery, as he did. He was extremely caring and informative. Gave me the option of a cast but suggested surgery due to the location of the fracture. I had surgery that day. They did the block and I had pain medication self administered via a pump. It was painful, but expected. After 7 months, my ankle couldn't get used to the hardware, ( the doctor advised me that could happen) and he kindly removed it. They gave me another block and this time I didn't go thru any pain, as a matter of fact, I was quite concerned that the block wasn't wearing out and I couldn't move my toes, but it wore off and very little discomfort. I would highly refer him to anyone and most definitely go back to him as I trust him 100%! Staff is very pleasant. There is a longer wait than usual, but then again they are the best and with that said many patients.

April 29th, 2013
Great surgeon
True professional who understands your concerns and answers all questions prior to your surgery. Just had surgery and all appears to be doing great.

October 26th, 2012
Very professional,pleasant, informative,and brief

March 16th, 2012
Incredibly Rude Staff
I was referred to Mr. One-of-the-country's-best-doctors by another doctor. I called the office for an appointment 3 different times. Finally, I complained to the referring physician. At that point, I was called by someone named "Matthew" who told me that Dr. San Giovanni would not take my case. Essentially, the message was that it wasn't interesting enough for him.I tried to explain several times that I was not being referred for neuropathy, and Matthew just wasn't listening. Finally I just hung up.I am deeply offended at doctors who decide I must audition for an appointment with their staffs who have no regard to my time (or respect for my concerns).So...congratulations if you're lucky enough to be seen by the great one. Personally, I'm glad not to go further. I prefer doctors who care about current and potential patients.

June 1st, 2011
Worth the wait
Dr. San Giovanni is professional and caring. There was always a long wait, but his staff is excellent and he is amazing! No matter how long the line behind you, he will hear you out and respond appropriately to your concerns.

November 11th, 2010
A True Doctor
This Doctor cares about you as a patient. He will give you options and will guide you through the best healing process.

January 30th, 2010
foot surgery
very good in dignostics. Excellent surgeon. Good follow-up with staff. For any foot problem that will need surgery, he is the best!