Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Stay away from this orthopedist show details Stay away from this orthopedist
Jan 5th, 2015

Dr. Sangiovanni has ruined my life. He recommended an ankle fusion as a result of some pain I was having and told me that the success rate was 95% for this surgery. After having to intervene two additional times for mistakes he made that had me in excrutiating pain, the pain is not resolved and I now walk with a limp which causes extreme pain in my back due to the lack of balance and the constant pain in my foot. Dr. Sangiovanni soes not return calls and is always out of the country or on vacation. Instead of leaving another physician to handle his emergencies the office offers you an appointment with his assistant, Fabrizio, who is not even a doctor! My wife and I were hikers, now I can hardly walk around my house. I have placed my two story house for sale because I can no longer walk up the stairs. I have been in pain for two years and all this doctor does is give me narcotic pain killers. Do not trust this man! He might have been good or cared about his patients years ago but that is no longer the case. I am writing this review on January 2015 and hopefully this will help other patients or should I say other victims!

Great show details Great
by Angie Gutierrez on Jul 28th, 2014

I broke my ankle while out of state. A friend recommended Dr. Sangiovani highly. Called his office while out of town and they coordinated with the urgent care center in North Carolina to have everything sent to them. I got back home Friday night and Monday morning at his office. By then he had review my case and more xrays taken at his office. They advised me to be fasting in case dr would recommend surgery, as he did. He was extremely caring and informative. Gave me the option of a cast but suggested surgery due to the location of the fracture. I had surgery that day. They did the block and I had pain medication self administered via a pump. It was painful, but expected. After 7 months, my ankle couldn't get used to the hardware, ( the doctor advised me that could happen) and he kindly removed it. They gave me another block and this time I didn't go thru any pain, as a matter of fact, I was quite concerned that the block wasn't wearing out and I couldn't move my toes, but it wore off and very little discomfort. I would highly refer him to anyone and most definitely go back to him as I trust him 100%! Staff is very pleasant. There is a longer wait than usual, but then again they are the best and with that said many patients.

Thomas St.Giovanni show details Thomas St.Giovanni
by Mara Rejo on Aug 22nd, 2013

I just had a big foot/ankle surgery done by Doctor St.Giovanni and to me he is not only the best MD in America, he is the best MD all over the world, i still have one more surgery pending and he will be the only one i will allow to perform it. Thanks from the bottom of my heart, you are the BEST in every way. Mara Rejo

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
by Rudy Ortiz on Apr 29th, 2013

True professional who understands your concerns and answers all questions prior to your surgery. Just had surgery and all appears to be doing great.

Misdiagnosis show details Misdiagnosis
Nov 26th, 2012

I was told that i did not have a broken toe. After some time and still in pain I asked my general doctor what she suggested. She advised me to see a Podiatrist who found my toe broken in 2 places. He is a highly recommended Dr. and 2 of my co-workers think he is amazing, so I was and am quite suprised about this misdiagnosis.

Oct 26th, 2012

Very professional,pleasant, informative,and brief

Incredibly Rude Staff show details Incredibly Rude Staff
Mar 16th, 2012

I was referred to Mr. One-of-the-country's-best-doctors by another doctor. I called the office for an appointment 3 different times. Finally, I complained to the referring physician. At that point, I was called by someone named "Matthew" who told me that Dr. San Giovanni would not take my case. Essentially, the message was that it wasn't interesting enough for him.I tried to explain several times that I was not being referred for neuropathy, and Matthew just wasn't listening. Finally I just hung up.I am deeply offended at doctors who decide I must audition for an appointment with their staffs who have no regard to my time (or respect for my concerns).So...congratulations if you're lucky enough to be seen by the great one. Personally, I'm glad not to go further. I prefer doctors who care about current and potential patients.

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
Jun 1st, 2011

Dr. San Giovanni is professional and caring. There was always a long wait, but his staff is excellent and he is amazing! No matter how long the line behind you, he will hear you out and respond appropriately to your concerns.

A True Doctor show details A True Doctor
by Antonio on Nov 11th, 2010

This Doctor cares about you as a patient. He will give you options and will guide you through the best healing process.

foot surgery show details foot surgery
Jan 30th, 2010

very good in dignostics. Excellent surgeon. Good follow-up with staff. For any foot problem that will need surgery, he is the best!