Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
1150 Campo Sano Ave
Ste 200
Miami, FL 33146
786-268-6200
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  RN  |  show details
by A NURSE on Nov 2nd, 2013

Initial office visit during selling phase of proposed procedure,very friendly.Actual surgical or postsurgical experience HORRIFFIC !!! Was told by surgeon that general anesthesia would be used,when I asked about pain management after general wears off,was told a nerve block would be used to assure a virtually painfree awakening after surgery.REALITY I awoke SCREAMING in pain,anesthesiologist Davila did not know about my nerve block and blames surgeon,surgeon blames anesthesia,NO communication between the two ??? Surgeon was very rude on follow up appointment,raised his voice at me age 53 as to intimidate me stating he was sick and tired of me talking about this and to go write about it.I feel that of all things my trust has been betrayed,no one should awaken screaming after surgery, that is third world treatment !! Surgeons PA told me that some patients don't want that much pain medication ?? REALLY ??? Show me that patient that chooses to awaken in excruciating post op pain after a joint was removed from their toe ! I feel that I was treated like a slab of meat at best,I was traumatized,treated very rude,ZERO compassion,no one took responsibility for the mistake,I was blown off as a complainer.This tells me that it is a business nothing more,once they have their money you are nothing ! I would NEVER go there again nor refer anyone.ALL patients have the right to get proper pain control.A surgeon should think about how the patient will recover at home,not turn rude when things do not go as planned.ONE YEAR later I am still thinking about this,unable to trust.Had to be hospitalized last month, 1 hour before surgery started to panic,had to be sedated to even make it to the OR !! UNFORGETTABLE traumatic post surgical experience.The toe came out fine,but I don't think I will EVER be the same when it comes to hospitalization or surgeries because of this very negative foot surgery ordeal.What a shame most of the employees worked so hard to deliver excellent care,Surgeons arrogance and uncaring attitude undid all their efforts,I would NOT recommend them to anyone.

|  Thomas St.Giovanni  |  show details
by Mara Rejo on Aug 22nd, 2013

I just had a big foot/ankle surgery done by Doctor St.Giovanni and to me he is not only the best MD in America, he is the best MD all over the world, i still have one more surgery pending and he will be the only one i will allow to perform it. Thanks from the bottom of my heart, you are the BEST in every way. Mara Rejo

|  Great surgeon  |  show details
by Rudy Ortiz on Apr 29th, 2013

True professional who understands your concerns and answers all questions prior to your surgery. Just had surgery and all appears to be doing great.

|  Misdiagnosis  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

I was told that i did not have a broken toe. After some time and still in pain I asked my general doctor what she suggested. She advised me to see a Podiatrist who found my toe broken in 2 places. He is a highly recommended Dr. and 2 of my co-workers think he is amazing, so I was and am quite suprised about this misdiagnosis.

|  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

Very professional,pleasant, informative,and brief

|  Incredibly Rude Staff  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

I was referred to Mr. One-of-the-country's-best-doctors by another doctor. I called the office for an appointment 3 different times. Finally, I complained to the referring physician. At that point, I was called by someone named "Matthew" who told me that Dr. San Giovanni would not take my case. Essentially, the message was that it wasn't interesting enough for him.I tried to explain several times that I was not being referred for neuropathy, and Matthew just wasn't listening. Finally I just hung up.I am deeply offended at doctors who decide I must audition for an appointment with their staffs who have no regard to my time (or respect for my concerns).So...congratulations if you're lucky enough to be seen by the great one. Personally, I'm glad not to go further. I prefer doctors who care about current and potential patients.

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

Dr. San Giovanni is professional and caring. There was always a long wait, but his staff is excellent and he is amazing! No matter how long the line behind you, he will hear you out and respond appropriately to your concerns.

|  A True Doctor  |  show details
by Antonio on Nov 11th, 2010

This Doctor cares about you as a patient. He will give you options and will guide you through the best healing process.

|  foot surgery  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2010

very good in dignostics. Excellent surgeon. Good follow-up with staff. For any foot problem that will need surgery, he is the best!