A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Scalea:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Scalea, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scalea
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Scalea Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Scalea, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Aortic Rupture
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- False Aneurysm
- Fracture Fixation
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Leg Injuries
- Multiple Trauma
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (Sepsis)
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Scalea graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Scalea has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
- Bon Secours Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Michael Scalea MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Thomas M. Scalea practice?
- Dr. Thomas Scalea has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Scalea practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Surgeons and Baltimore Critical Care Practitioners.