A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Scalea:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Scalea, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Scalea, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Aortic Rupture
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- False Aneurysm
- Fracture Fixation
- Intracranial Hypertension
- Leg Injuries
- Multiple Trauma
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (Sepsis)
- Thoracic Injuries
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Scalea graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Scalea has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
- Bon Secours Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Michael Scalea MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Thomas M. Scalea practice?
- Dr. Thomas Scalea has 2 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Scalea practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Surgeons and Baltimore Critical Care Practitioners.