A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Schildwachter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Schildwachter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schildwachter
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schildwachter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Schildwachter, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Schildwachter graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schildwachter has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Legge Schildwachter MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 37 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas L. Schildwachter practice?
- Dr. Thomas Schildwachter has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Schildwachter practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.