A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Shives:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Shives is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shives
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shives Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Shives, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Transplantation
- Bone Tumors/Cancer (Chondrosarcoma)
- Femoral Cancer (Thigh Bone Neoplasm)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Soft Tissue Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Spinal Cancer
- Spontaneous Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Shives graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shives has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas C Shives MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas C. Shives practice?
- Dr. Thomas Shives has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Shives practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Rochester, MN.
See Rochester Orthopedic Surgeons.