Dr. Thomas Sinsky MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 28th, 2016
I went to Acute Care and had x-ray and was told I had pneumonia. Was given and antibiotic. Follow up with Dr. Tom Sinsky. He never did any blood work or take a follow up x-ray. I kept getting sicker and sicker. Finally my sister went with me and demanded better help. He finally did an MRI and I was found to have pus pockets on the outside of my lung. Surgery was immediately necessary. When I went back to the surgeon he told me that he almost lost me on the table. Everytime I went back to see him he told me this very thing. When I had the follow up with Dr. Sinsky he never even mentioned how sick I was or that I almost died. I went to my rhuematologist and he even mentioned it. NOT GOOD!!! This was in 2008 My legs were really swollen and he gave me furosimide. I was on this every day for a few months. One day I didn't feel good but didn't know the problem was. I kept getting sicker and sicker. My sister called an ambulance and I was taken to the emergency room. While I was there I went into atrial fib. Thank heavens I was at the hospital. The blood work showed that my potassium was very low. It was 2.3. Any loser and they would not have been able to bring me back. All of this was because he didn't give me potassium when I had the furosimide. I was in the hospital a couple of days. He never came to see me. When I was discharged I asked if I would be put on potassium. The Dr. said no that it would not be necessary. One month later I was back in the emergency room. I made an appointment to see another doctor in another clinic. But I wouldn't be able to see her for some time. In the mean time I wasn't feeling good again and didn't know what the problem was so went to Dr. Sinsky. He didn't know what it was so finally he had an MRI done and he called me into the office and he told me I had stomach cancer. And it had spread to the liver, He said that it was quite large. He called my brother into the office and told him the same thing. Dr. Sinsky sent me to a surgeon. The surgeon asked for another MRI and it came back as the same diagnosis. The surgeon said that instead of cancer he was going to do surgery and see if it was my gallbladder. I didn't have any pain that was pointing to a gallbladder. I didn't have any pain. When he did the surgery he said that the gallbladder was huge and full of big stones and it was gangrenous. Thank God that the surgeon followed his hunch. I finally got to my new doctor and she has been absolutely marvelous. She did a blood work first thing and she said that my potassium was low. NO Kidding. She put me on potassium and I have been fine since. I stayed with this doctor way too long. And another thing that I noticed is that he never looked at me directly. Until he told me that I had cancer. I now go to a different hospital as well as a new doctor and a new team. If I need to see another doctor she directs me to that doctor immediately. I am 70 years and hope to have many more years.