Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Smarz Jr
Dr. Thomas Smarz Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smarz is affiliated with Novant Health Rowan Medical Center, Carolinas Medical Center and Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Smarz Jr has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Thomas Smarz Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.
Dr. Michael Etomi
Nephrology, Internal Medicine
Charlotte, NC 0.01 mi38
Dr. Jay Fernando
Charlotte, NC 0.01 mi30
Dr. Harvey Taylor Jr
Medical Oncology, Hematology, Internal Medicine
Charlotte, NC 0.01 mi41