A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Smarz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Smarz, MD is board certified in Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Smarz graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Smarz has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Carolinas Medical Center
- Presb Orthopaedic Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smarz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 2 plans