A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Smyrk:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Smyrk, MD is board certified in Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Bile Duct inflammation (Cholangitis)
- Colon Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer (Pancreatic Ductal Carcinoma)
- Precancerous Conditions
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Stomach Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer (Papillary Carcinoma)
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
Education & Awards
Dr. Smyrk graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Smyrk has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smyrk accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas C. Smyrk practice?
Dr. Thomas Smyrk practices Pathology, Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, and Anatomic Pathology near Rochester, MN.
See Rochester Pathologists.