Overall Review

August 15th, 2016
I Highly Recommend
Over the past two years, my wife and I had been praying about how we should grow our family. After doing foster care for those two years, God lead us to the conclusion to reverse our hastily decision of me getting a vasectomy 7 years previous. At first thought, a vasectomy reversal can seem like an evasive and uncomfortable procedure. Thankfully Dr. Sommers and his staff were extremely professional and immediately put me at ease. The procedure was relatively painless and I was comfortable throughout the surgery. Dr. Sommers even called the next day to check on my recovery and emailed a week later to further follow up on my progress. I highly recommend Dr. Sommers to anyone considering a reversal!

March 16th, 2016
MUCH Easier than my vasectomy
The experience was just as Dr. Sommers explained. The process was much easier and less pain than my vasectomy. The numbing process was basically painless no worries of needles with his process. I was driven 3.5 hours home immediately after the procedure. I followed the directions of frozen peas for a couple of days and the bruising and swelling were very minor. I had no real pain and only slight discomfort for the first few days. Only took some ibuprofen to help with this. 2 weeks later and the stitches are healed and no swelling or bruising. The friendliness and care of the staff were top notch. I highly recommend Dr. Sommers for this procedure and the cost savings he provides. My only recommendation to a prospective patient, follow his instructions.

December 1st, 2015
Dr. Sommers and His staff was great, before we scheduled an appointment, while we scheduled our appointment, during the procedure, and the follow up was great.

November 22nd, 2015
From the time I walked in and throughout the procedure, I was at ease. Dr. Sommers and his staff were very courteous and professional the entire time.

October 30th, 2015
Excellent service, friendly, and painless.
Dr. Sommers and the staff at Midwest Vasectomy Reversals were very friendly, and the clinic was cozy and comfortable. The small size of the clinic and the team makes it much more personal experience. Overall It was a very painless operation, once the local anesthesia was applied, I did not feel anything for the rest of the procedure. The doctor was very communicative and provided constant feedback about the progress of the operation. I would definitely recommend Midwest Vasectomy Reversals to anyone looking to get a vasectomy reversal.

October 12th, 2015
The doctor made me feel very comfortable and was able to meet or exceed any and all expectations that I had. The procedure and recovery was a lot easier than I could have imagined.

September 28th, 2015
A Skeptic Reformed ... Believe The Great Reviews
I researched Dr Sommers for two years before scheduling surgery because I could not find a single bad review for this doctor and that is highly unlikely. Scheduling was a breeze. There is a calendar on their website that allows you to schedule your appointment and make your initial deposit to hold your date and shortly after there is an email confirming and you are set. The week before surgery an email confirming your appointment and providing pre & post op instruction is sent. I loved how efficient and thorough Dr. Sommers & his staff are. Dr. Sommers and his staff have a great bedside manner and were extremely nice and helpful. I can't say enough great things. Surgery started on time and ended 5 min before the estimated time. After surgery we have something similar to a debriefing which was great because as the wife you immediately have a ton more questions. Sperm was visible once the vas was reconnected! This gives us immense hope. I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Sommers and his staff and the reviews are true. He's a skilled and professional surgeon.

September 28th, 2015
All of the staff were very helpful in explaining the whole procedure. Pain free process. Excellent service.

August 28th, 2015
I was coming to the St. Louis area from out of town. Dr. Sommers was very professional in his approach to ensure I understood all aspects of the procedure as well as the post-op instructions. During the procedure itself, it was actually very casual and laid back. I found I really preferred this method versus an overly stuffy operating room. The procedure was done in less than 90 minutes and the beside manner during the operation was relaxing. I never had to take the pain medication, and other than some normal black-and-blue areas, recovery was very easy and quick. Just now actively trying!!

August 28th, 2015
Coming from a medical background, I found Dr. Sommers and his staff professional, proficient, and caring. Thank you.

August 14th, 2015
Excellent service, and the procedure worked!

July 28th, 2015
Well done.
Professional, knowledgeable, precise, personable and virtually painless. Had the procedure 1 week ago and with no complications.