Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Prostate Cancer  |  show details
by Tom B on Jan 5th, 2014

After daignosis of "PIN" ,a belived precursor to prostate cancer, Dr Stormont very carefully recommended some life changes to reduce the possibility of cancer. He followed me closely for 6 years and when my PSA rose and 2 other specialists told me I should not worry as the "Numbers" were low, Dr Stormont again followed me closely and subsequent biopsies were positive for PC. . We spent 6 weeks researching proceedures and doctors nationwide and ultmatey decided a radical prostatectamy was the best proceedure for me and that Dr Stormont was my surgeon of choice. 5 yrs later I remain cancer free, totally continent and with his guidance have a healthy and active sex life. He is the most caring, genuine doctor I have ever known. He spent countless hours helping us with research. Before surgery, I went so far as to contact a nurse who participated in many of his surgeries (She had just retired). She told me if her husband ever needed a uroligist that no one would touch him except Tom Stormont. I can't thank him enough for saving my life as well as keeping my quality of life as a primary goal. Few people give feedback when the results are great.....For the coiuple negative reviews he has received, I'm betting there are hundreds of positive reviews that no one thinks to post after they have their health and lives back again..

|  show details
by Louis on Dec 19th, 2013

Cystoscopy yr after laser prostate surgery. Scar tissue-clots.Could not urinate.Blood in urine. Lakeview ER lacked proper catheter.Three weeks for next appointment! Doctor apologized,was sorry! Wrote to cut back on aspirin -needed for heart problem. Never got follow up call. Sorry indeed! He graduated from Mayo but was not employed by them. He wanted to put in a stretcher.I was told if done right stretcher not needed! I said I am going to Mayo. He said they have some gadgets not here. Mayo gave me ultra sound of prostate-not given by Dr Stormiont.

|  Vasectomy...  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2011

Everything went well. As well as it can i guess when ur getting the snips down there. Noticed other posters talking about decreased sex drive... I certainly had a decreased sex drive for 1-1.5 months. did some digging during the tail end of that stint and found things along these lines; "There is no physical way in which an uncomplicated vasectomy could affect the brain (which is where your interest in sex originates).And I should stress that in all the thousands of cases I've seen, the only ones I can remember who had 'sex drive problems' after the operation were guys who were already suffering from sexual difficulties." -Dr. David Delvinhttp://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/sexandrelationships/malesexproblems/200783.htmlVery nice guy - the Mayo Clinic training made him an easy choice for me.

|  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

i never had problems with an erection until he gave me a vasectomy...

|  vasectomy  |  show details
by He was overbooked or had a golf??? on Nov 16th, 2010

i have to say that anyone who gets a vasectomy, should have a testosterone test done. now when i went to him afer the procedure and told him of my loss of sensation to my penis. he repeated over and over didnt work on the penis worked on the testis. to the point where my wife had to ask if my problems were out of his specialty. erectile dysfuncion, no sex drive, and the desensitation to name a few. none of witch i had before the procedure. now have found out i have low t count. going to different doctor. i had a wonderful sex life with my wife and didnt want any more kids. so it seemed like the solution. we would have unprotected sex and i would put on a condom just to desensitize myself. now after the procedure its like wearing 2 condoms without wearing any im so desensitized. after seeing stormount a couple times after the procedure and him saying things like the body has wonderful repair capabilities,and i didnt work on the penis. And me asking him if he had ever had problems with his vasectomys he said none of them have failed and ended up in pregnancy. It all left me feeling like he worried more about the zero pregnancy than the fact he should actually be careful when working on the human body. thinking back when he worked on the left one and got an angry look on his face and quickly cut, not sorting out as much as he may have could. couse he showed me the right side step by step. the left went through the most pain. was the bigger of the two now its smaller of the two. And i lost olmost all of my creamastic muscle strenght. He should just remember he should do the best he can saving as much as he can nerves, blood vessels, etc. Because in the end he and his patients are only human.