Dr. Thomas Sult Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Sult?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 4th, 2016

Excellent physician over all!

December 31st, 2015

Saved my life. Made me well.

October 19th, 2015

Difficult communications and difficult experience

I was traveling from a neighboring state and heard very good things about this doctor. I was excited to meet him. I was a little concerned that since my case is complicated (and he would not review medical records prior to the moment he came into the office) that we would not have adequate time to review all my records. The first thing I noticed about him is that he seemed very tired, the kind of tired that comes from someone who has lost interest in their job or is unhappy with their life. He is a very quiet man that keeps his cards close to his chest. I am very familiar with alternative and functional medicine practitioners so I understand that the first appointment you have with a practitioner in the field averages between an hour and an hour and a half. I barely got a little over a half an hour with him. Most doctors need two appointments to put together the whole picture with my care due to complications. I was dismissed after a half an hour. It is quite difficult to get a feel for the doctor and the way he thinks. I'm very educated about my medical issues and was left with around twelve unanswered questions. Overall I wasn't sure what to think of him. He glanced at a few of my medical records and listened. That was it. His office assistant is great at intercepting his emails so communication with him after the appointment is almost impossible. She claimed that if I wanted to ask him the questions I did not have the chance to ask during the first visit, that his fee for answering questions via phone is $360/ half hour. Overall, there was nothing remotely easy about the experience and I left with more uncertainty than I had entering the office.

April 23rd, 2013

Best Dr. (& I used to work at Mayo for 4-1/2 years)

Dr. Sult has an ability to diagnosis correctly like no other Dr. I've ever known. My initial complaint was the symptom of a tired feeling after eating a meal. I had a feeling that I was allergic to something, but Dr. Sult asked all the right questions and identified that I was eating high-glycemic index foods, like pasta, and it was creating a high glucose level in my blood, then a rush of insulin, followed by low blood sugar, a condition known as reactive hypoglycemia, a reaction to high-sugar foods, like flour, pasta, breads, cookies, cakes, refined carbohydrates, which can include cooked carrots and potatoes, etc. He had me read several books, including the glucose revolution, etc. After just one appointment, I was fixed and I have never had those symptoms again. Dr. Sult wanted to confirm the diagnosis through a blood test for allergy, which revealed that I had a high allergic reaction to mushrooms, which in fact I was eating several times per week. Within a couple of weeks, all my problems were resolved. He then had me take a glucose/insulin type of test where I fasted overnight, then drank a sugary substance, and both my glucose and insulin were checked every hour for 4 hours to determine how responsive my pancreas was. Thank goodness my pancreas is in perfect health, no problems with the cells being able to process energy correctly. Please understand I'm not using the right words, but you get the idea. He was a master at identifying (mainly through conversations, then confirming with tests) and pursing the easiest and most direct, efficient, non-invasive, low-cost method to recovery. He's a genius in my book. I'll never go to another Dr. for general health. Thank goodness for people like him.

January 19th, 2011

Great Doc.

Knowledgeable and took time to explain the diagnosis and treatment.

May 12th, 2010

First Class

One of the most caring drs. I have experienced in MN. Caring, listens.

September 25th, 2009

Lisa Ilgen

I was doctoring with hairloss and palipitations and was always being told my thyroid was fine. Dr.Sult did more extensive blood tests and helped my condition. Also, he does some homeopathic treatments. Was able to diagnose me with "leaky gut" when even in the Mayo clinic they could not find anything wrong with me! He REALLY helped me!!!

July 14th, 2016