Surgical Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
1 Medical Center Dr
Ardmore, Winston Salem, NC 27157
336-716-5701
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  2 Neck Fusions  |  show details
by Skoorbr on Feb 22nd, 2014

woke up in much less pain and more movement Immediately after surgery . best i have felt in years

|  Gratitude  |  show details
by Bev Mason on Dec 30th, 2013

Thanks to Dr. Sweasey's caring, thoughtfullness & skills we are able to enjoy our sister; She calls him her ANGEL

|  Ms.  |  show details
by Dorothy mcDowell on Apr 25th, 2013

This is one if not the only Neurosurgeon in the whole world that not only really cares for his patients and will go the extra mile to save their life if it's at all possible,I know as he saved mine three times starting in July of 2010 and the last time (hopefully) in Jan. of 2012! He did emergency surgery on my neck and back as I had ruptured discs that had the first time paralized me from my waist down, and I was and still am able to walk, not like or as far as I did before the surgery, but everyone else said I'd never walk again and even wanted me to go in a nursing home ! He then had to do surgery again in Dec. of 2011, right before Christmas, the last day I was in the hospital, he came by and said I guess it's no need to mention Physcial Therapy is it ? I said no,I'm going home! Again in Jan. of 2012,I was running a slight fever, but to be safe he admitted me to the Hospital again, and this no surgery involved, yet Dr. Sweasey saved my life by this as I had a real bad bacterial infection and I was in ICU for several days, until I came out of the coma and then I was in a regular room for several days until the infection was cleared up and I went home! This Dr. has went way above what most Dr.if not all but him would do! I was only running a temp. of 99.7 yet he knew I normally didn't run temps. so by putting me in the hosp. he saved my life! Thank you Dr. Sweasey! You're the greatest Dr. I've ever known?

|  Beware  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

Trying to get into see this doctor is like auditioning for a broadway play and getting a review by American Idol former judge Simon Cowell. Unprepared, unprofessional, uncaring, but more than willing to require MRI's and take your copays.

|  Cervical spinal stenosis surgery  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

Very pleased with Doctor Sweasey and the staff at Wake Forest. Excellent Doctor. Would highly recommend him to family and friends.

|  show details
by BRIEN FAIN on Jan 20th, 2010

I WAS A WORKERS COMP CASE.WAS SENT TO THIS MAN BY WORKERS COMP.HE NEVER EXAMINED ME,SAID I WAS PROBALY FAKING.HE SAID MOST ALL WORKERS COMP INJURIES WERE FAKERS JUST TRYING TO GET MONEY.THE APPOINMENT WAS SCHEDULED BY MY WORKERS COMP,THEY AGREED TO PAY FOR MY VISIT.THEN 3 MONTHS LATER HE BILLS ME FOR THE VISIT.THIS DOCTOR ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY.HIS ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME AND MY WIFE WAS REPULSIVE.THE ONLY THING HE DID WAS WHAT MY WORKERS COMP INSURANCE TOLD HIM TO SAY.IT IS NOW 4 MONTHS LATER AND I HAVE HAD TO TAKE MY WORKERS COMP. TO COURT.THEY BASED THEIR RULING ON WHAT THIS MAN SAID,BUT HE NEVER EXAMINED ME.