Dr. Thomas Tirone Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Tirone?

Nightmare!!

Posted on May 17th, 2015

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Tirone! He implanted a chemo port, which it turned out would not allow "blood return" on my first chemo appointment. Amidst my natural anxiety, and repeated attempts at problem solving by the nurses, I was forced to undergo intravenous infusion, not the method of choice. The head nurse later called Dr Tirone's office, but was denied access to him, and was told by a staff member, "that kind of port doesn't allow blood return". My oncologist and nurse were astounded....why have a device that wouldn't perform as needed?! I subsequently had to visit another Dr to determine the problem. A dye test indicated that the port was lodged against the vein's wall, not at all in the proper position. Before continuing chemo, I had to undergo ANOTHER procedure, to remove the incorrectly situated port, and install one correctly. This whole scenario: added undue stress at an already difficult time; caused me quite a lot of discomfort; and, because the second Dr didn't accept my insurance, I was forced to pay over $2000 out of pocket! An incredibly upsetting, unnecessary complication. BEWARE!

Great Surgeon

Posted on November 26th, 2013

Dr. Tirone did an excellent job on my surgery. He explained everything to me ahead of time and answered all of my questions. He was more than patient with me during my post-op office visits. His nurse was very kind and patient as well. She talked to me on the phone several times when I called with questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Tirone to anyone.

Posted on October 21st, 2017