Overall Review

3.8

November 18th, 2013
Disaster.
Dr. Troost performed a sinus operation on me last February. Since the surgery, my sinus problems are worse. He also made a surgical error that left me with a NEW passage from my sinus to my cornea, so every time i blow my nose, it goes into my EYE. Pretty great. He also gives me the feeling that I am wasting his time, and rushes through my appointments, saying "Uh -huh, uh-huh" impatiently when I am talking. I now snort and sniff constantly at work and am about to lose my mind and drive all my coworkers insane. Awful.

September 24th, 2011
Outstanding ENT - Septoplasty
My wife and I both had severely deviated septums and had difficulty breathing our entire lives. Several years ago, Dr. Troost operated on my nose and fixed the septum and opened up my sinuses. There was no pain and I can now breathe easily through both nostrils. I recommended him to my wife, who had a similar condition and had been resisting surgury due to numerous other doctors telling her it is usually unsuccessful. After finally being frustrated with the compounded effect of her allergies and nasal passages, she underwent surgery. She is incredulous that she can now breathe so well and wishes she had had the surgery done years ago.

June 21st, 2011
A TERRIFIC DOCTOR; DR. TROOST IS THE BEST!
My doctor referred me to Dr. Troost. Since then I have learned that Dr.Troost is highly regarded by other patients I met in his waiting room and by his peers. However, most importantly for me, he took the time to explain the nature of the surgery to me, the surgery didn't leave any bruises and it was painless. Furthermore, I was able to go back to work the next week. I have seen him twice since the surgery. His check-ups were painless as well and his sense of humor made the situation comfortable. He's very professional but laid back and easy to talk to. The good news is my breathing is much easier now, my sinus headaches, which used to be frequent, have not reappeared, my cough is decreasing significantly, and I have more energy overall. Who would have guessed that this procedure would make such a big difference in how I feel. I'm very glad I got it done and I highly recommend Dr. Troost.

May 31st, 2011
Strep Throat
After suffering several weeks with sinus infecttion and sore throat, Dr. Troost correctly diagnosed my ailment as Strep infection and put me on a course of penicillin which has totally cured me. Thanks so much for making time for me.

March 28th, 2011
Septoplasty
I honestly cannot speak higher of Dr. Troost. I have terrible allergies and was no longer able to breathe through my nose before I met with him. He quickly diagnosed me and performed a septoplasty and bilateral turbanate reduction. I've heard absolute horror stories about this surgery and literally came out with little to no pain. I had bad reactions to the anesthesia and was amazed at how easy it was to get Dr. Troost on the phone. He has an excellent bedside manner that made me feel at ease, especially when he could easily explain the procedure and what to expect. It also helped that his staff is incredible. Juliet is a superstar who remembers your name, helps out with the billing and insurance and makes sure you're not over-paying. I highly recommend!

April 14th, 2010
Dis-satisfied Patient
Dr. Troost cancelled my scheduled surgery based on an allegation by his staff against me. Dr. Troost assumed it was true and didn't attempt to substantiate the allegation before cancelling my scheduled surgery without regard for my health, welfare and safety. I filed a complaint against him for that with the DC Board of Medicine.

January 15th, 2010
Not Recommended
Dr. Troost after appearing aloof or not reading my record before calling me, and having to be reminded of what's in my record for the diagnosis, and after weeks of his staff giving our inaccurate information, such as duplicating my prescriptions, he scheduled me for surgery on the wrong nostril. That corrected, his staff was very abusive over the phone, but he contacted me three days before surgery to cancel it, citing my alleged phone abuse of his staff. There was no hearing of my side of what was going on, he simply cancelled the surgery.