Gastroenterologists
1470 Madison Ave
3rd Floor
New York, NY 10029
212-241-4299
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  BEST G.I. EVER!!!  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Ullman's for over ten years and may be one of his original patients so I have seen him evolve to a great Dr. who YES is busy and YES may sometimes forget to call back BUT that is to be expected with a busy man call again. I absolutely LOVE him and know that he is the best and has helped me in sooo many ways. He has called me from his cell on his own free time and visits with me even if he is not needed for my care in the hospital. Simply stated he is the BEST!!!! and his office is very efficient.

|  He's Inadequate  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Totally sick of him not returning my calls. The best I ever get is talking to his really snotty nurse.

|  I think he's wonderful  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

Having had Chrons for many years and moving around a lot, I have been to many gastoenterologists and Dr. Ullman blows them away by far. Yes, he's busy and you need to wait to see him, but that's a result of seeing a doctor who is affiliated with one of the best hospitals in the country for what Dr. Ullman specializes in. I think he's extremely competant in his field and I always feel like I'm in good hands being treated by him. I would recommend him hands down.

|  Dr. Ullman Saved my life.  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

I live in Staten Island and had seen 5 different doctors here.As my medical condition became potentially fatal, and as I was lying in a hospital bed with not a doctor who knew how to save me, my brother googled the top doctors for gastro issues and found Dr.Ullman. Dr.Ullman immediately arranged for an ambulance and directly admitted me to Mt. Sinai hospital. With his superior knowledge,and advanced education in Chrons and Uclerative colitis disease he was quickly able to diagnose me,and prescribe the right medications which in turn saved my life. Dr. Thomas Ullman travels the world in search of any potential advancement in the treatment of chrons and colitis disease to better enable him to continue the best possible treatment for individuals with individual symptoms. Dr.Ullman in genuine in his sincerity and concern for his patients.There is no doctor more knowledgable and caring as Tom Ullman. While knowing that he is the best,you understand his schedule is some what full at times,which should be expected, but when you have an issue that needs immediate attention, he alters his schedule,cutting his personal time to see patiensts who need immediate care. If a doctor's schedule was always wide open, I would have to wonder why? Dr.Ullman carefully explains your diagnosis but never sugar coats it.When conventional medications became ineffictive, Dr. Ullman always knows whats the newest and most effective medications available. Once during a relapse, Dr. Ullman while away at a confrence in Germany, found the time to call me personally to assure I was being treated the right way. I have reccomende several family members (including my sister) and firends to Dr. Ullman, and they all agree he is the best. So if your not that concerned with your health, go see the local doctor with the walk in policy, but if you care about your health, why not see the BEST there is? Not to mention he is a really nice guy who really cares about his patients I am forever gratefull for my doctor and my friend Dr. Thomas Ullman.

|  Current Patient  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

As current patient of Dr. Ullman and one that has been with him for many years I find him to be the BEST GI Dr. in the area. He is compassionate, caring and takes the time to speak with you and your family members answering questions and giving advice.What I like best is he does not tell a patient what to do he consults with you and as a team come up with a solution.

May 10th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Ullman for the last several years and have now been receiving infusion services at Mt. SinaiDr Ullman is definitely caring and very well versed in his specialty and while he does not follow up routinely he and/or his office does respond within a reasonable timeframe when needed

Apr 14th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Ullmans for many years and he is one of the BEST Dr.'s I have ever worked with. He is compassionate and listens to your concerns. I have been in the hospital several times as a surgical patient and he always makes the time to visit and check up on me. His office is kind and easy to speak with. I would recommend him and this office 100%!!!

|  EXCELLENT  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2011

DR ULLMAN IS A VERY THOROUGH DOCTOR AND I THINK HES GREAT WITH HIS PATIENTS I HAVE HAD HIM FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND TO ME HES GREAT

Feb 14th, 2011

very smart, but arrogant and dismissive.. impossible to make an appointment, Neither the staff nor the doctor ever return calls or answer email..too busy to be bothered..Should stick to research

|  Good GI  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2010

Overall I have been very pleased with Dr. Ullman. I trust him and he has a great 'bedside' manner. I would echo that he doesn't respond to emails, but the system is a bit broken! I am paying top dollar for a premium insurance plan, and I haven't been able to find any healthcare providers who answer emails in a responsive fashion. They are all too busy.

Jun 17th, 2009

Nice man, great scholastic profile, but the man is simply too busy to be seeing patients. He does not answer phone calls or emails. His own nurse advised us to find another doctor and actually said we should report him to the office manager. We are happily with another GI who cares enough to return phone calls within an hour and treats us like we are not crazy if a med causes side effects. Go elsewhere.