A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Whelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Whelan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Whelan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Education & Awards
Dr. Whelan graduated from University of Cincinnati. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Whelan has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Vincent Whelan MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas V. Whelan practice?
- Dr. Thomas Whelan has 6 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Whelan practices Internal Medicine and Nephrology near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Internists and Norfolk Nephrologists.