A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Vail:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Vail, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Vail
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Vail Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Vail, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Femoral Neck Fractures
- Femur Head Necrosis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Postoperative Pain
- Prosthesis Failure
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
Education & Awards
Dr. Vail graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Vail has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Orthopaedic Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas P Vail MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas P. Vail practice?
- Dr. Thomas Vail has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Vail practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.