A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Vail:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Vail, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Vail, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Cartilage Diseases
- Femoral Neck Fractures
- Femur Head Necrosis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Postoperative Pain
- Prosthesis Failure
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
Education & Awards
Dr. Vail graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Vail has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Orthopaedic Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas P Vail MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas P. Vail practice?
- Dr. Thomas Vail has 3 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Vail practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Durham, NC.
See San Francisco Orthopedic Surgeons.