Dr. Thomas Vail MD Patient Reviews

4.9

February 24th, 2017
Unfortunately I did not hear frm him after surgery. Otherwise an excellent Surgeon.

February 21st, 2017
Excellent Care
The attention paid to one's care and treatment is highly professional and friendly. Each member of Dr. Vail's team treats the patient with respect and dignity. That starts at the top with Dr. Vail. His knowledge and professional experience made me confident of my medical outcome. Dr. Vail has an excellent bedside manner.

February 16th, 2017
My bilateral surgery went very smoothly. Dr Vail's care team is also excellent. I highly recommend him and his team for anyone considering bilateral knee surgery.

January 26th, 2017
Dr Vail is an excellent surgeon. He did a total knee replacement for me recently and I had 100% confidence in him going into the surgery. He communicates clearly, explains everything thoroughly, and has a good bedside manner. My knee which was severely bent inward from osteoathritis is now straight and healing well!

January 24th, 2017
Dr. Vail has been excellent, attentive, explains things well, good follow up, could not be more pleased
Would recommend Dr. Vail and UCSF to anyone

January 21st, 2017
Caring, helpful and knowledgable support staff. Pre-op class and post-op health loop information very helpful.

January 18th, 2017
Professional Staff Throughout
Dr Vail is a very conscientious doctor; he listened to all my concerns. I felt extremely confident for him to do my surgery. I was introduced to everyone I would be having interactions with on his staff; the was very helpful.

January 17th, 2017
An amazingly awesome experience
I knew Dr. Vail had an excellent reputation before I started this journey with him. Even though the bar was high he and his staff exceeded expectations. I have had a number of surgeries at other hospitals and the team at UCSF are incredible. Especially like dr. Vail's approach to efficiency, use of Technology and just plain taking his time to do the best operation possible.

January 3rd, 2017
Dr. Vail - The Best Surgeon there is for Hips and Knees!
I met Dr. Vail when I needed to have both my knees replaced in 2009. He had come highly recommended by primary care physician and I consider her to be the best doctor on the plant, so a referral from her really means something. As this was my first surgery, I had lots of questions and concerns and Dr. Vail patiently answered all my questions and reassured me about my concerns. My surgery was flawless and I was out and about in no time with two new knees. Although I did everything I was told to do which I know greatly helped my recovery, I attribute my remarkable recovery to Dr. Vail and his team's skills. In 2016 I had to have both my hips replaced and Dr. Vail did those also. Once again, my recovery was remarkable and my surgery flawless thanks to Dr. Vail and his team. I have now had all my major joints replaced and I feel like a whole new person and I attribute this to Dr. Vail's incredible skill, dedication, compassion and kindness. There is no better surgeon that Dr. Vail!

January 3rd, 2017
Highly qualified in Orthopaedics with a great bedside personality!
I have a very complicated case, having a rare bone cancer in my youth. Dr Vail is highly qualified to maintain the quality of my tibia reconstruction and knee replacement. He is caring, intelligent and innovative.

December 27th, 2016
Expert care
Dr Vail and his team were professional as well as caring in their support. The results of the surgery were excellent. Far better than I had expected.

November 10th, 2016
Profesor, MD
Everything re DR Vail and the UCSF team was great except for 2 issues. First, i am a complicated pain management patient and do not think my pain management the first 10 days or so post-op was optimal. Second, one morning i had to have a straight cauterization because i was not urinating and the nurse who attempted it was, as best i can tell, in a great hurry(perhaps going off shift) and the result was a very painful(and unsuccessful) attempt that had to be repeated later by someone who was not in a hurry.