Dr. Thomas Vail MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

July 4th, 2017
I am so impressed with the level of care and daily communication .

June 16th, 2017
Strongly recommend Dr Vail
My hip replacement has given me a new lease in activity in my life. It took a long time (6months) to get into Dr Vail, but wanted his expertise and success rate.

June 14th, 2017
Best surgeon
I was lucky enough to have Dr. Vail do my left hip 7 years ago. When my right hip needed to be replaced, I immediately went to see him. I am completely pain free without pain meds 2 weeks after surgery.

June 14th, 2017
Outstanding results
Well planned execution and quick recovery. I think the use of Health loop is good also. Staff and Doctor all very engaged and willing to help.

May 30th, 2017
I would highly recommend Dr. Vail. My experience was extremely positive from the first visit, through surgery, hospital stay and aftercare. Two weeks and I feel like a new person, no pain, no walker/cane and totally independent. Dr. Vail is the very best !

May 24th, 2017
my new knees are perfect I ma now working on getting the swelling out of my legs and that is coming now that i am off the blood thinner

May 16th, 2017
Total Rockstar
The Physical Therapists at The Jewish Home were astounded by the range of motion and the flexibility of my knee within less than a week post-op.

May 11th, 2017
The BEST surgeon I have ever known!
Through my career at UCSF, I have had the pleasure of knowing many doctors through my 30+ years. I was lucky to get Dr. Vail for my first hip replacement. He not only has an exceptional background (biomedical engineering and medicine), he is truly a caring and polite gentleman. In talking to him, his background/education eventually brought him to arthroplasty. He has a brilliant understanding and background in the mechanics of joints. My first hip replacement was so successful that six years later when I needed a second one, I did not want anybody else to perform the surgery. The second time around, I am equally impressed and happy that it was Dr. Vail and his team who saw me through the pre-surgery process, surgery and post recovery. Two weeks post surgery, I am able to get around the house without crutches and am getting stronger each day. I look forward to resuming my "normal" active life! I can't say enough great things about Dr. Vail and his team!

May 9th, 2017
Dr Vail replaced both of my knees and one hip. I believe that my outcomes have been as good as I could have hoped for. I am a physician and I appreciate the great skill he brings to his profession.

May 3rd, 2017
Dr. Vail and his team are the very best
I recovered so quickly from my hip replacement with Dr. Vail due to his top surgical expertise and his extremely thorough post op care. Able to resume daily activities within two weeks care plan before and after surgery extremely well thought out and thorough.

May 1st, 2017
He made a difficult surgery seem easy

April 17th, 2017
Excellent, 2 hip surgeries ( right side in 2015, left side in 2016) Plan to go back for left knee surgery. It was worth the waiting months for an opening in his schedule.
Dr. Vail is a highly experienced, knowledgeable and kind person, his relaxed, confident, personal visit before going to the operating table, took away all my fear and apprehension and made me feel relaxed.. at ease during and after surgery.