Dr. Thomas Vail Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Vail?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Vail?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2017

Kind, thoughtful and excellent dr!

I have had orthopedic issues since I was a child. So, I've been to a lot of doctors. I truly feel so lucky to have found Dr. Vail. He is thoughtful and really makes me feel listened to. I've emailed him several times and he gets backs to me in an extremely timely manner. It's hard for me to put into words how amazing of a doctor Dr. Vail has been to me and I can't say enough nice things about him and his team.

August 30th, 2017

very pleased !

very very little pain or discomfort. Bruising was/is my only problem and the rightness of my leg but the surgery itself was a huge success

July 4th, 2017

I am so impressed with the level of care and daily communication .

June 16th, 2017

Strongly recommend Dr Vail

My hip replacement has given me a new lease in activity in my life. It took a long time (6months) to get into Dr Vail, but wanted his expertise and success rate.

June 14th, 2017

Best surgeon

I was lucky enough to have Dr. Vail do my left hip 7 years ago. When my right hip needed to be replaced, I immediately went to see him. I am completely pain free without pain meds 2 weeks after surgery.

June 14th, 2017

Outstanding results

Well planned execution and quick recovery. I think the use of Health loop is good also. Staff and Doctor all very engaged and willing to help.

May 30th, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr. Vail. My experience was extremely positive from the first visit, through surgery, hospital stay and aftercare. Two weeks and I feel like a new person, no pain, no walker/cane and totally independent. Dr. Vail is the very best !

May 24th, 2017

my new knees are perfect I ma now working on getting the swelling out of my legs and that is coming now that i am off the blood thinner

May 16th, 2017

Total Rockstar

The Physical Therapists at The Jewish Home were astounded by the range of motion and the flexibility of my knee within less than a week post-op.

May 11th, 2017

The BEST surgeon I have ever known!

Through my career at UCSF, I have had the pleasure of knowing many doctors through my 30+ years. I was lucky to get Dr. Vail for my first hip replacement. He not only has an exceptional background (biomedical engineering and medicine), he is truly a caring and polite gentleman. In talking to him, his background/education eventually brought him to arthroplasty. He has a brilliant understanding and background in the mechanics of joints. My first hip replacement was so successful that six years later when I needed a second one, I did not want anybody else to perform the surgery. The second time around, I am equally impressed and happy that it was Dr. Vail and his team who saw me through the pre-surgery process, surgery and post recovery. Two weeks post surgery, I am able to get around the house without crutches and am getting stronger each day. I look forward to resuming my "normal" active life! I can't say enough great things about Dr. Vail and his team!

May 9th, 2017

Dr Vail replaced both of my knees and one hip. I believe that my outcomes have been as good as I could have hoped for. I am a physician and I appreciate the great skill he brings to his profession.

May 3rd, 2017

Dr. Vail and his team are the very best

I recovered so quickly from my hip replacement with Dr. Vail due to his top surgical expertise and his extremely thorough post op care. Able to resume daily activities within two weeks care plan before and after surgery extremely well thought out and thorough.