Dr. Thomas Vail MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery San Francisco, CA

4.9

no change

May 24th, 2017
my new knees are perfect I ma now working on getting the swelling out of my legs and that is coming now that i am off the blood thinner

May 16th, 2017
Total Rockstar
The Physical Therapists at The Jewish Home were astounded by the range of motion and the flexibility of my knee within less than a week post-op.

May 11th, 2017
The BEST surgeon I have ever known!
Through my career at UCSF, I have had the pleasure of knowing many doctors through my 30+ years. I was lucky to get Dr. Vail for my first hip replacement. He not only has an exceptional background (biomedical engineering and medicine), he is truly a caring and polite gentleman. In talking to him, his background/education eventually brought him to arthroplasty. He has a brilliant understanding and background in the mechanics of joints. My first hip replacement was so successful that six years later when I needed a second one, I did not want anybody else to perform the surgery. The second time around, I am equally impressed and happy that it was Dr. Vail and his team who saw me through the pre-surgery process, surgery and post recovery. Two weeks post surgery, I am able to get around the house without crutches and am getting stronger each day. I look forward to resuming my "normal" active life! I can't say enough great things about Dr. Vail and his team!

May 9th, 2017
Dr Vail replaced both of my knees and one hip. I believe that my outcomes have been as good as I could have hoped for. I am a physician and I appreciate the great skill he brings to his profession.

May 3rd, 2017
Dr. Vail and his team are the very best
I recovered so quickly from my hip replacement with Dr. Vail due to his top surgical expertise and his extremely thorough post op care. Able to resume daily activities within two weeks care plan before and after surgery extremely well thought out and thorough.

April 17th, 2017
Excellent, 2 hip surgeries ( right side in 2015, left side in 2016) Plan to go back for left knee surgery. It was worth the waiting months for an opening in his schedule.
Dr. Vail is a highly experienced, knowledgeable and kind person, his relaxed, confident, personal visit before going to the operating table, took away all my fear and apprehension and made me feel relaxed.. at ease during and after surgery.

April 3rd, 2017
Dr. Vail and his team have been tremendous!
I have been very impressed with the entire team led by Dr. Vail. They have been attentive to my needs from the day we met to decide if a total knee replacement was my best option. I guess I can't know the answer to that so early in my recovery - I'm only two weeks post-op. But so far, everything has been excellent and the results have exceeded my best hopes.

March 24th, 2017
Very satisfied with my surgery experience. Dr. Vail and his entire team were awesome and I am extremely grateful for their help, professionalism and expertise. Fantastic!
This was a revision surgery and entire process seemed to go flawlessly. Thank you for all the help and also thank you so much Dr. Vail for fixing my knee so I can now "lock it in" when standing in place.

March 10th, 2017
Highly recommended!
Dr Vail and his entire surgical team was very professional, answered every question I had and helped me prepare for a seamless recovery. I couldn't be happier with my experience and while I am only two weeks out of surgery I am walking without a cane and riding a stationary bike. That's progress I never expected.

March 7th, 2017
State Of The Art
Dr. Vail and his staff are highly professional, competent and very kind and patient.

March 5th, 2017
It's a very long wait to see Dr. Vail for a good reason
I waited 7 months from my first call to his office, until the surgery date

March 3rd, 2017
Thorough exam and explanation of procedure. Inspires confidence