Dr. Thomas Vanderheyden MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 22nd, 2016
Fraudulent & Unethical
This so-called dr decided that it would be reasonable to report my wife & I to DHR after we took our 10 year old son to the ER at Springhill Medical with a broken arm. The good dr. took it upon himself to report us to DHR without asking any questions whatsoever or alerting the authorities even though we were at the hospital for almost 4 hours. There is absolutely no history of child abuse and no indications such as bruises or scratches, etc. It was a clean break of his humereus bone. He also flat out lied & said that I answered for my son when he asked him what happened. Well, I can vouch, along with my wife, that my son answered the good dr and then I merely repeated what my son told him. After all, he's only 10 years old and kind of shy, especially when it comes to doctors. His bedside manner was awful, along with a couple of nurses that were working on that night. It took a nurse 45 minutes to bring my son a single dose of Tylenol. Shocking, I know. If Dr. Vanderheyden had any doubts about what happened to my son, why not just ask? Because falling off the monkey bars and breaking your arm as a 10 year old is hard to believe, right? Is there not any protocol that has to be followed? I mean, we had DHR at our house the NEXT day. Most people know that you have to really be pressing DHR to get someone out to visit the next day. Odd thing is, there was no reason for him to report us to DHR. My wife and I weren't even there when my son got hurt. He was with his grandparents away from our property. Yet, the good dr. never even asked a single question. Anyway, if your kid is ever in need of an emergency (or you for that matter) avoid Springhill Medical and dr. Vanderheyden like the plaque. Unless, of course you'd like to be reported to DHR for absolutely no reason & humiliated at the same time.

Health Guides