Dr. Thomas Vater DO Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017
MAGICAL MEDICAL REPORT APPEARED!
I went to this Dr. for an exam and review of my med history for advice of further treatment. WHAT A JOKE! I was there almost three hours! Mostly in a room by myself. I brought in every single record and film I had regarding my injury as instructed. After an hour and 45 minutes a staff member sent me for a simple xray, even though I had recent MRIs with contrast to evaluate nerves and other soft tissues. Then I was sent back to the room and waited. After another 45 min or so a man came in room and did not introduce himself?! I had to ask if it was indeed him. So, even though he was REQUIRED TO LOOK AT ALL MY MED RECORDS RELATED TO MY INJURY, HE REFUSED to do so saying that he had EVERYTHING. Yeah right! The two inches of papers was my entire complicated history, when I had to have help to bring in all my documents and films. I had enough records for four people! AND much medical care was paid for myself as work comp just denies coverage for everything! So he did NOT have all records and WOULD NOT ACCEPT the records I brought and would not look at my films! So he was in the room approximately five minutes, only looked at current xray just taken, where you cannot see things like inflamed or damaged nerves, etc. He DID NOT DO ANY NEUROLOGICAL OR ORTHOPEDIC TESTS & SUDDENLY LEFT THE ROOM! So I am waiting again and I open door and ask down hallway whats up? The staff didnt even know I was in there! AND DR LEFT! BUT MAGICALLY AN IME REPORT APPEARS A WEEK LATER WHERE DR CLAIMS TO HAVE MEASURED ANGLES OF FLEXION & EXTENSION, HOW I WALKED, MY REFLEXES. ALL FABRICATED!! The report is a fabrication! I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS DR BEFORE and now I know why! He probably works mostly for work comp. Drs. can make $800 for an IME, this is far more than what $$ a regular exam can bring in. And this is not the only Dr. that has done this! I ENCOURAGE ALL TO REPORT INCIDENCES LIKE THIS TO THE NV MEDICAL BOARD & INSIST SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT IT IF IT HAPPENS TO YOU. IT IS THE ONLY WAY FOR CHANGE. Please make this effort to protect yourself if this happens to you, and do it for all the others that follow in your path. There must be INTEGRITY in our medical system. Do not accept anything less. FYI the staff was very nice.

July 14th, 2016
NO ETHICS
Horrible Doctor. After an hour and a half wait Dr. Cater rushed in and asked how my pain was. When I told him it was about an 8 he said oh ok then proceeded to tell me that he sees nothing wrong on my MRI and I should go back to work. Interesting since the first time I saw him he showed me the apparatus that he would need to use for surgery to fix my bulging back not to mention that I have 4 other Dr's reports and the MRI report claiming I indeed have several bulging discs. When I asked Dr. Vater to show me the reports he said he didn't know where they were. Then proceeded to ignore my requests to know where the reports were. This guy is a JOKE. He is totally in the insurance company's pockets and doesn't care about his patients AT ALL!!!! DO NOT TRUST THIS doctor!!!

March 23rd, 2016
Dr Vater
so far great waiting for surgery for compressed nerve,spinal stenosis

January 24th, 2016
Not a doctor who will help you
Dr. Vater was supposed to refer my husband to a neurologist. I called after 8 business days to find out why we had heard nothing, was told it could take 14 days. It has now been 2 months. Obviously we found someone else who cares about patients. Steer clear of this doctor.

July 21st, 2014
Dr. Vater performed a back operation on me ten years ago. The results were better than expected. I am still enjoying an active life style that I thought was over ten years ago.

February 20th, 2013
I saw Dr. Vater a few months ago for a second opinion on spine surgery that was recommended. I felt very uneasy about it and decided to seek another opinion. After speaking with Dr. Vater, I felt that he was very competent in telling me that I did not need surgery. I have since, been treating my back conservatively and am getting much relief from that. If it weren't for Dr. Vater I could have possibly had an unnecessary surgery. I highly respect Dr. Vater and his conservative nature.

August 2nd, 2012
Insurance Doctor
The guy has no clue what my diagnosis is. I had 7 running diagnoses, was sent for an independent medical examination and wouldn't even examine me. Didn't look at previous doctors records and 3 sets of MRI films I brought. In his report he wrote "nothing serious to prevent him from working, does not need further medical care" when my right hand is paralyzed let aside the other symptoms I have which prevent me from doing anything.Hopefully someone else will file a legal complaint against this guy.

November 15th, 2011
I just was just recently seen by Dr. Vater for the first time. I would absolutely recommend this office to anyone that is looking for that old fashioned, compassionate care. I felt that Dr. Vater was extremely patient and really took the time to answer all of my questions.

March 10th, 2011
The first time I came here was fine (an auto accident screwed up my back). I decided not to get surgery, due to how risky it was, not to mention the huge cost. However when I came the second time, Vater was rude to say the least. But that wasn't the worst of it- he flat out lied to me, changing his original story about the cost and risk. When I pointed out what he originally told me, he denied ever saying it. Funny, since I had another person with me at the time who remembers exactly what I do, not to mention documentation that states what was said as well. I will never come back, and I'm going to warn anyone who considers coming here. Vater obviously has no qualms about lying and putting his patients at risk so long as he can get money.

August 4th, 2009
I had been seen By Dr Vater in 2004 throu 2005. After leaving the area and seeking a new Dr. it was determined that there were other options available that had not been discussed nor offered. I have neuro stim that does not work properly that I can't get removed unless I pay out of pocket. Very disappointed.

August 19th, 2008
Horrible, terrible, and disgraceful
Do yourself a solid favor and stay away. Dr. Vater is not a good doctor. He lacks professionalism and the ability to care or understand his patients. It is all about the money for this doctor's office. You will wait for hours in the waiting room just to be treated very poorly by the staff and especially Dr. Vater. Good luck and I hope this helps someone else, be informed...

March 24th, 2008
Excellent doctor and surgeon. He does not pressure you into anything and makes sure you are well educated to make the best decision for you.