Orthopaedic Surgeon
7200 Cathedral Rock Dr
Ste 210
Las Vegas, NV 89128
702-430-0500
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
by Ron on Jul 21st, 2014

Dr. Vater performed a back operation on me ten years ago. The results were better than expected. I am still enjoying an active life style that I thought was over ten years ago.

|  best care ive ever had.  |  show details
by jeanette t on Feb 21st, 2013

After having 2 other doctors and every test,injection and bottles of pills known to man I finally found Dr Vater.He reviewed all xrays,MRIs and ordered some new ones.I had been in pain for over a year.We decided on surgery.In the mean time I lost my job,home,car and insurance.I had to move back home to California.I traveled back and forth to Dr Vater for 2 years until i got SSD and Medicare,During this time i was kept comfortable with medication.I had surgery in Dec and i could tell before i left the hospital that Dr Vater had given me my life back.The staff has been so kind and compasionate thru all of this.I am so grateful that I found Vater Spine Clinic.Much love and respect to Dr Vater,Jamie,Beatrice and staff xoxoxoJeanette

Feb 20th, 2013

I saw Dr. Vater a few months ago for a second opinion on spine surgery that was recommended. I felt very uneasy about it and decided to seek another opinion. After speaking with Dr. Vater, I felt that he was very competent in telling me that I did not need surgery. I have since, been treating my back conservatively and am getting much relief from that. If it weren't for Dr. Vater I could have possibly had an unnecessary surgery. I highly respect Dr. Vater and his conservative nature.

|  Insurance Doctor  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

The guy has no clue what my diagnosis is. I had 7 running diagnoses, was sent for an independent medical examination and wouldn't even examine me. Didn't look at previous doctors records and 3 sets of MRI films I brought. In his report he wrote "nothing serious to prevent him from working, does not need further medical care" when my right hand is paralyzed let aside the other symptoms I have which prevent me from doing anything.Hopefully someone else will file a legal complaint against this guy.

Jan 26th, 2012

F

Nov 15th, 2011

I just was just recently seen by Dr. Vater for the first time. I would absolutely recommend this office to anyone that is looking for that old fashioned, compassionate care. I felt that Dr. Vater was extremely patient and really took the time to answer all of my questions.

by Rachel on Mar 10th, 2011

The first time I came here was fine (an auto accident screwed up my back). I decided not to get surgery, due to how risky it was, not to mention the huge cost. However when I came the second time, Vater was rude to say the least. But that wasn't the worst of it- he flat out lied to me, changing his original story about the cost and risk. When I pointed out what he originally told me, he denied ever saying it. Funny, since I had another person with me at the time who remembers exactly what I do, not to mention documentation that states what was said as well. I will never come back, and I'm going to warn anyone who considers coming here. Vater obviously has no qualms about lying and putting his patients at risk so long as he can get money.

|  Very rude and nasty  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

Never met such a rude and nasty doctor and staff before. Don't go there!!!!!!

|  Highly recommend!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2010

Dr. Vater did my back surgery (L5/S1 spinal fusion) in March 2009, I ran my first 5k in November 2009. I now have a wonderful pain free lifestyle and am training for a half marathon.

Aug 4th, 2009

I had been seen By Dr Vater in 2004 throu 2005. After leaving the area and seeking a new Dr. it was determined that there were other options available that had not been discussed nor offered. I have neuro stim that does not work properly that I can't get removed unless I pay out of pocket. Very disappointed.

|  Horrible, terrible, and disgraceful  |  show details
by Joe on Aug 19th, 2008

Do yourself a solid favor and stay away. Dr. Vater is not a good doctor. He lacks professionalism and the ability to care or understand his patients. It is all about the money for this doctor's office. You will wait for hours in the waiting room just to be treated very poorly by the staff and especially Dr. Vater. Good luck and I hope this helps someone else, be informed...

by Anonymous on Mar 24th, 2008

Excellent doctor and surgeon. He does not pressure you into anything and makes sure you are well educated to make the best decision for you.

Oct 21st, 2006 on yahoo.com

Best Neurosurgeon in Las Vegas: Dr Vater is bar none the best, most knowledgable Neurosurgeon in Las Vegas. He does what's best for his patients health and well being. Leaves no stone unturned to get the patient cured and uses surgery as an option, not an

Read Full Review at yahoo.com