Dr. Thomas Vongillern MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 12th, 2016
Retired nurse
Dr.Vongillern is the best. I have 2 new knees and a new hip. All working well thanks to him. Relief from pain with more motion. Thanks again.

June 29th, 2016
The only doctor who could fix my wrist and thumb after 8 years of agony! Such a wonderful guy - very empathetic and intelligent.

June 21st, 2016
I have all the faith in the world in Dr. Vongillern. He has performed right knee surgery following car accident, Right and left total knee and right total hip. Very good out come with each. Thanks

November 13th, 2015
Dr. Von Gillern is the best doctor I've ever known. I have had multiple surgeries on my hands & he has done an excellent job.

September 12th, 2015
One to watch out for...
This was a terrible experience. Von Gillern uses outdated surgical techniques and does not refer out when necessary. He performed surgery on a normal variant in my hand and completely avoided the ruptured collateral ligament in my 3rd MCP joint. Although he did bill for correcting the collateral ligament which he did not touch. This is evidenced not only by where he made his incision but also by the fact that I had a second surgery by a specialist in Des Moines who confirmed it was untouched. After Von Gillern performed surgery it was clear that my 3rd digit was still grossly misaligned and he tried to explain it away by saying I just had some osteoarthritis. He was evidently unaware of my extensive medical background which makes me believe he probably lies to the majority of his patients when he is unsuccessful in surgery. This man should have his license revoked in my opinion.

December 27th, 2013
Thumb Joint Replacement
Dr. VonGillern is a very knowledgeable orthopedist. I was very pleased with him and appreciated his care and skills. The only negative things about my experience were the long waits in the office and his lack of describing treatment and what to expect. But he is an excellent doctor.

October 17th, 2009
Max Shock
Put me back to gather after head on car wreck