A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Oates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Oates is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Oates, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Oates graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Oates has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Lakeland Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Oates accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 27 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas W. Oates practice?
Dr. Thomas Oates practices Internal Medicine near Lakeland, FL.
See Lakeland Internists.